Show Navigation Menu

Gifts.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24010 by Madam_Mim
Replied by Madam_Mim on topic Re:Gifts.
Envy wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

I often see those AG puzzles on ebay, I thought everyone knew they also made those. :silly:

No way! I browse eBay daily for Alchemy items and puzzles have never come up! I must be doing something wrong. :woohoo:

Thanks for mentioning anyway, eBay would make getting hold of a puzzle a lot easier for me. ^.^

this link is from the UK :)

UK's Largest Jigsaw Puzzle Range
FREE Next Day Delivery on Everything
(on orders over £15, just £1.79 below that)

alljigsawpuzzles.co.uk/shopping/shopdisp...e&page=1&pagesize=30

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24019 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Gifts.
Ah I didn't notice it was a UK site - But still. I wonder if I can find puzzles for a cheaper price. :P I'm quite low on cash at the moment, and if I ask for gifts, I don't like anything to be over 10 GBP at the most!

More
13 years 8 months ago #24031 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Gifts.
Morgana wrote:

I never knew that Alchemy made puzzles either. But then I'm not really a fan of jigsaw puzzles, so it wouldn't have occurred to me to look for them.

Is it just me, or are there different names on some of the pictures on that link? The one there called \"Dualism\" is definitely \"Versus Doctrinus\". A couple of the other names seem a litte off to me as well...

Yeah, some shops change the names of AG items. I saw also different names for some jewellery at one online store. Shops that do that also often omit quoting that the products are from Alchemy Gothic.
I don't really see a reason to do that, but I assume that one reason could be that they have a bit of a different (more mainstream) customer base and \"Dualism\" just sounds better to catch those customers then \"Versus Doctrinus\"...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24042 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Gifts.
black_magnolia wrote:

Morgana wrote:

I never knew that Alchemy made puzzles either. But then I'm not really a fan of jigsaw puzzles, so it wouldn't have occurred to me to look for them.

Is it just me, or are there different names on some of the pictures on that link? The one there called \"Dualism\" is definitely \"Versus Doctrinus\". A couple of the other names seem a litte off to me as well...

Yeah, some shops change the names of AG items. I saw also different names for some jewellery at one online store. Shops that do that also often omit quoting that the products are from Alchemy Gothic.
I don't really see a reason to do that, but I assume that one reason could be that they have a bit of a different (more mainstream) customer base and \"Dualism\" just sounds better to catch those customers then \"Versus Doctrinus\"...

Ah, it never occurred to me that shops would change the names of AG items. I thought maybe they didn't have the proper permissions or something. It does make sense though, now that you mention it, to appeal to a broader customer base.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24118 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Gifts.
I have seen Alchemy items in catalogs as diverse as Pyramid collection and Victorian themed catalogs that sell flowery hats and tea. Often they change the names of items to better reflect their own line of products. I don't like to get gifts, and often just tell family that I bought X item, and consider it their gift to me. I do this for my husband constantly. For example, for my birthday this year, I ordered a dress from Retroscope. I told him he didn't have to buy me a present, since I already got one. I think he appreciates not having to shop for me! :) My mom often gives me a budget, and tells me to get something I want or need. But I enjoy buying gifts for other people. It is fun to think about them enough to pick something unique that hopefully they will enjoy.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24119 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Gifts.
scootiebee wrote:

But I enjoy buying gifts for other people. It is fun to think about them enough to pick something unique that hopefully they will enjoy.

:P Interesting. I love shopping, yes, but finding things for people when there's a deadline of a birthday or something really puts me under pressure, especially when I can't think or find anything that would suit them. I find the gifts I'm most proud of are ones I find throughout the year. Sometimes, I can buy a birthday or Christmas gift 6 months in advance or so, if I'm around in town and I find something that I know the person will love.

For Christmas, my aunties often use a similar method of giving a gift..They'll usually ask me to produce a list of things I'd like, and send it off. My family members over on the US side will then just agree between them who's buying what and then it's all sent off early to arrive here in time for our Christmas. It's vice versa too.

Time to create page: 0.355 seconds