Show Navigation Menu

What's your most recent purchase? (Non-Alchemy)

More
13 years 6 months ago #27687 by Morgana
On Saturday, I bought a couple of long black scarves. They're meant to be worn around your neck of course, but I'm using them as tie-backs for my living room curtains. I couldn't find any actual tie-backs that I really liked, and when I saw these scarves I knew they'd be perfect. I just wrap one around each curtain, and then tie it in a loose knot over the metal hook at the side of the window. They're about 6 feet long each, so I can decide how much I want to open the curtains, and adjust the knot accordingly.

They're also very pretty, so I may buy a couple more to actually wear...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27704 by iHauntTheSepulchre
That's pretty cool Morgana. Don't you just love things that can be useful for anything?

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 5 months ago #27717 by Morgana
iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

That's pretty cool Morgana. Don't you just love things that can be useful for anything?

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with how it turned out...

I seem to be really good at finding odd uses for things. I'm always looking at stuff around the house and deciding how I could use it, besides in the way it was meant to be used.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27718 by ondespumeggianti
i bought 10 huge sheets 50x70 for printing!

More
13 years 5 months ago #27723 by Envy
Butter muslin. My mother's been making tofu..So..Yeah. :P

No idea what to do with the remains of the beans after making tofu though. It's such a waste to throw it away..

More
13 years 5 months ago #27727 by black_magnolia
I bought brown duct tape. Nothing really special, but I would never have bought in the first place if I didn't have to package that coat for posting. I managed to get a carton box from my local grocery store so I don't have to buy one of those postal boxes at the post office (it's not that expensive, but I rather don't pay for something that I can get for free :silly:).
I just hope I won't have problems with posting the package without some string around it, because a ball of that string is bloody expensive if you have in mind that I just need a couple of yards of it and the rest of the ball would be just useless... :S

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.346 seconds