Show Navigation Menu

How does your gothic garden grow?

More
14 years 7 months ago #4667 by black_magnolia
At home I've got a huge garden and because my dad thinks he's got a green thumb he's the one planting all the time and my mother and I are the ones saving the plants when he's finished. :S
We live on the Mediterranean so almost all the plants are evergreen in our garden but because I like some of the more water-hungry species we have also those (my grandpa is always nagging what's the use of having them, they waste too much water etc. but I like them and I always get my way when it's about plants.)

I'm going to university in a big city, so I have my little apartment stuffed with as many plants as there's space available. I've got spathiphyllum (Peace Lily), shlumbergera, kalanchoe blossfeldiana (Flaming Katy) and some other plants I don't know the exact name (bought them because they were pretty and the saleswomen said they were easy to tend). For when I go home and am not able to water my plants in the apartment, I have little clay frog figurines stuck in the plants soil that are made to hold water and the plants pull the water out of the figurines.
(I added pictures of my peace lilies and the frog figurines as I don't feel everybody can imagine how the figurines look like from my ramble.:unsure:)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #4670 by black_magnolia

And eternity in an hour.
Attachments:

More
14 years 7 months ago #4672 by black_magnolia

And eternity in an hour.
Attachments:

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #4673 by black_magnolia

sorry for posting every picture in a new post but my browser or the forum are playing tricks with me!:angry:

And eternity in an hour.
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
14 years 6 months ago #8163 by AcroCake
Last year I bought two bonsai trees and named them Yin and Yang. That was a mistake; as one thrived, the other died off :P
I have an orchid, and that seems okay though. It has been quite resilient to my bad gardening skills :lol:

More
14 years 6 months ago #8164 by SkieShauphen
I want to get some Venus fly traps and a Tropical Dragon Tree.

Meaning comes from within.

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds