Show Navigation Menu

How does your gothic garden grow?

More
14 years 7 months ago #2980 by janelle hell
Morgana wrote:

janelle hell wrote:

Oh, I love moon flowers! If you can keep those alive, you are *so* not a \"black thumb\", lol! I'm sure you already know that you can pick the flowers right before they open & put them in a shallow bowl of water & they can bloom indoors when the sun goes down...if you haven't tried it yet, it's pretty interesting how the flowers \"know\" it's their time to bloom even though they've been picked already : D

No, I didn't know that! Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely try it next year. When I had moon flowers last year, I planted them too late, and they didn't have much time to bloom. I'm going to start them inside (away from the cat!) really early next spring, so hopefully I'll have lots of them next summer.

Great idea! You can start the seeds indoors in egg cartons with potting soil in them, just be sure to soak the seeds overnight so that the hard shells can more easily get water. Stick the egg cartons on a windowsill, keep the soil damp, and in a short while you'll have more moon flowers than you know what to do with : D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2986 by scootiebee
CorpseQueen, I used to have a dog too, and he thought it was fun to chase the cat around the plants in the house too. But my old cat never attacked plants. I went outside and picked a few blades of grass for him, and he was satisfied with that. Or you can plant \"cat grass\" that you can buy at some pet stores in a little kit. It is supposed to help their digestion. So if you have a cat that likes to eat your plants, you might want to grow a little patch of grass for them to eat, and put some catnip on it too. They would rather eat that than your houseplants anyway.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2994 by cemwerewolf
You have to be careful with catnip when it comes to some cats though. I don't know about yours but if my cat gets one whiff of it he's stoned for hours.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3020 by Aftermidnight
cemwerewolf said:

You have to be careful with catnip when it comes to some cats though. I don't know about yours but if my cat gets one whiff of it he's stoned for hours.

:) lol. We got my cat a catnip mouse once but she just wasn't bothered by or interested in it.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3034 by scootiebee
Some cats don't like it, others are insane for it. My cats like it, but don't overreact to it. They play with it for a while, and then are back to normal. My old cat, Bob, he used to shred the carpet every time you put catnip on it. We would only put it down again in the same place he already destroyed.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3054 by cemwerewolf
My cat does have catnip toys but we have no idea where they are. We think perhaps he hid them so we wouldn't take them away when he gets all riled up. But we can sure tell when he's been playing with one.

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds