Show Navigation Menu

How does your gothic garden grow?

More
14 years 7 months ago #2929 by CorpseQueen
We got a lot of deer here as well, had a few walking outsie my window, or down the walkway outside the house.

We don't have tulips, nope, but we have roses and a lot of other flowers - mom likes to plant them in different kind of pots, and they're usually very colourful. But they attract a lot of bumblebees, and I like those. They're cute and nice, you can pet them without them being the least angry.

Got many orchids inside tho - the kitchen is mostly filled with them, all blooming at the same time. They're maybe my favorties :silly:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2930 by RavenDarkmoon
I love to able to have some kind of live plant in my house.
But I got 4 indoor cats that believe that if it's in dirt we need to play with it at 3 am in the morning :P

Nothing like waking up and walking across a turned over pot of dirt with a half eaten plant on one side and kitty up chuck on the other side. Not good for naked toes...trust me...

More
14 years 7 months ago #2935 by scootiebee
@RavenDarkmoon - All my houseplants are either unreachable by my kitties, or they die horrible deaths. I had to take a large plant outside last week because my small cat thinks it is a scratching post/toilet. Ugh. The big cat doesn't care about the plants, but the little one is a murderer!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2937 by cemwerewolf
I'd be scared to have an indoor plant because my cat (like so many others it seems) gets into absolutely everything! I can already picture the mess he'd make . . .

More
14 years 7 months ago #2968 by Morgana
janelle hell wrote:

Oh, I love moon flowers! If you can keep those alive, you are *so* not a \"black thumb\", lol! I'm sure you already know that you can pick the flowers right before they open & put them in a shallow bowl of water & they can bloom indoors when the sun goes down...if you haven't tried it yet, it's pretty interesting how the flowers \"know\" it's their time to bloom even though they've been picked already : D

No, I didn't know that! Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely try it next year. When I had moon flowers last year, I planted them too late, and they didn't have much time to bloom. I'm going to start them inside (away from the cat!) really early next spring, so hopefully I'll have lots of them next summer.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2977 by CorpseQueen
And I who was hoping to get a cat in a year or two... hm, maybe I'll think that over and get a dog? :huh:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds