Show Navigation Menu

How does your gothic garden grow?

More
14 years 8 months ago #2570 by janelle hell
Glad you found the link useful : D

The gladioli are really easy to grow; just plant them, water them every few days, pretty much forget about them...and then, in a few months, you'll have more of them than you know what do do with!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2607 by trykster
my friend and i were planning on planting special healing plants, they are like cacti but way prettier =) my friend wanted to plant them because their seeds are worth quite a bit of money, i however wanted to test the actual healing properties. i ended up having to leave the country, so i could never take part in the process, however my friend says he's doing it alone :/

oh well! me rambling HURRAY! :D

More
14 years 8 months ago #2898 by Morgana
I haven't done much gardening this year, as we were having work done on the house, which likely would have killed any flowers I had. Our soil is awful, so I just have annuals in planters on my deck, which was too close to the work site.

I had nicotinia and moon flowers a couple of years ago, which were very pretty. They were white, and the flowers opened and released their scent at night. I'm not exactly a black thumb, but probably closer to black than green! I'm learning though...

More
14 years 8 months ago #2920 by janelle hell
Oh, I love moon flowers! If you can keep those alive, you are *so* not a \"black thumb\", lol! I'm sure you already know that you can pick the flowers right before they open & put them in a shallow bowl of water & they can bloom indoors when the sun goes down...if you haven't tried it yet, it's pretty interesting how the flowers \"know\" it's their time to bloom even though they've been picked already : D

More
14 years 8 months ago #2924 by scootiebee
At my old house I had black irises (dark purple at the top, black on the lower petals), black tulips, pansies, and daisies. I had a lot of others that were burgundy or dark purple. I should have dug them up for my new house, because the new owners there tore out my garden. Ugh. Here the deer eat everything I plant anyway, so I guess that's okay. They ate 300 crocus and tulip plants before they flowered. I have red and white roses, and irises are apparently not tasty to deer. I am trying to find other things that will grow that deer will not eat. Any ideas?

When I lived in Florida, I had lots of jasmine, gardenia, and ginger, but they won't grow this far north (Maryland). I really miss the jasmine, but now I have honeysuckle. Also nice to smell.

Thanks!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #2926 by RavenDarkmoon
You guys are so lucky to be able to have a garden.
Im so un lucky with growing anything that when i go to the store to get a plant...
I can hear them say to each other...hide hide...she coming this way....

And most days if i stand still i swear I can see them make a mad dash to the back of the shelf where i cant reach them....:P
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by RavenDarkmoon.

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds