Show Navigation Menu

How does your gothic garden grow?

More
14 years 8 months ago #2503 by cemwerewolf
Black Tulips?! I'll have to put those on my must have list for next year. I'm hoping that some of my plants will make a showing in the next growing season. Perhaps being transplanted was a little tramatic for them and they're waiting a year to show they're colors. If they do survive, the tulips would look fabulous amidst my irises. As for Lilacs, I'd love to have them but with such a tiny yard as I have I jusr don't think I've got the room.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2510 by janelle hell
Yes, there really are black tulips! :

And black (well, so dark burgundy that they're almost black) gladiolus, as well:

: D

More
14 years 8 months ago #2512 by RavenDarkmoon
Learn something new every day. Wow... they are so...WOW :dry:
Any clue what store I could get the bulbs from? Is there an on line place that sells them?

More
14 years 8 months ago #2513 by janelle hell
If you have a good nursery/garden center nearby, they may be able to special order them for you. I've purchased bulbs online from this place: brecks.com/product.asp?pn=76571&bhcd2=1252300451 in the past & was happy with the bulbs, shipping time, etc.. I think the Burpee seed catalog may carry the black tulip bulbs as well.

Happy gardening!

More
14 years 8 months ago #2530 by cemwerewolf
That last link has left me all excited now! They have crocuses! These are very important flowers to me.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2553 by CorpseQueen
We're actually getting a fine little collection of gothic flowers here! Who'd have thought? But really, where else could it be accomplished?

Don't have my own garden yet, tho I'll remember some of these untill then - those gladioluses is really beautifull, having a garden with them would be wondefull. Tho I'm not much for matching colours... maybe there's another good reason for me dressing only in black? B)

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds