Show Navigation Menu

How does your gothic garden grow?

More
12 years 9 months ago #34234 by janelle hell
Kitties HATE vinegar...lemon juice, too...something about the acids in those things that make cats think another cat has already \"marked\" the area. It doesn't change the taste of the plants at all...used that method for years when I lived in a neighborhood where there were many outdoor/feral kitties.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #34238 by Morgana
My sweet peas are growing really well, although no flowers yet. I think I may have one morning glory, and I thought I had a moon-flower, but both of those planters seem to be over-run with weeds. I think I left the moon-flowers too late again this year... I'm going to plant those seeds in March next year, and see if I can get them to start inside.

Nice to see you around again Janelle!

More
12 years 9 months ago #34244 by cemwerewolf
My plants have been doing quite well for a change. The lily of the valley didn't bloom this year which isn't much of a surprise since they were half dead when we planted them last year and my hosta has a case of the aphids but they're almost gone now. The only other problem is that my husband's new blueberry plant looks like it's dying. Can't figure out why though . . .

More
12 years 9 months ago #34246 by Envy
:P Ahh that reminds me..A raspberry bush had grown wild in our back garden and it came with benefits. All the nice weather meant we had tons of raspberries as large as small strawberries growing outside.

More
12 years 9 months ago #34252 by iHauntTheSepulchre
At the moment all we have is weeds, weeds and more weeds. It's been too cold to do anything outside lately.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #34255 by black_magnolia
Ah, my dad turned the little bit of garden that we have into a small nursery garden, but with the heat we're having it looks more like a nursery graveyard. :S

Expect for the baby fig trees, I don't really expect any of the other baby plants too pull through this heat wave... :(

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by black_magnolia.

Time to create page: 0.354 seconds