Show Navigation Menu

How does your gothic garden grow?

More
13 years 10 months ago #22785 by Envy
I don't know if this has been answered before, but -

Do flowers grown from bulbs flower every year or does it vary with the flower?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22791 by Morgana
Envy wrote:

I don't know if this has been answered before, but -

Do flowers grown from bulbs flower every year or does it vary with the flower?

I think most flowers that are grown from bulbs will come up every year, but it could vary depending on the type of flower. Probably best to ask at the garden center when you're buying them, just to be sure.

Perennials are the ones that you plant once and they come up every year, and annuals are the ones that only last one summer, and you have to plant new ones if you want the same flowers the next year.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22795 by Envy
Morgana wrote:

I think most flowers that are grown from bulbs will come up every year, but it could vary depending on the type of flower. Probably best to ask at the garden center when you're buying them, just to be sure.

Perennials are the ones that you plant once and they come up every year, and annuals are the ones that only last one summer, and you have to plant new ones if you want the same flowers the next year.

Thanks! ^.^ I was thinking of buying bulbs online so asking wouldn't really work unless there was a contact option..I shall have to see.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22806 by scootiebee
Online plant bulbs should specify if they are perennials (I believe most bulbs are), but you can always google the type of plant just to check before you buy. Just don't chop the plants down after they flower. My irises were murdered by someone taking a weed whacker to them, cutting them too short. Ugh. So that's the only worry for them not coming up year after year, murder by accidental overzealous gardening.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22828 by iHauntTheSepulchre
XD The bat in my front garden has returned! It's easy to guess why; our lillipilli tree is just covered in berries! Our tree has never bloomed like this in my whole life. Thankfully this year, there are plenty of lillipillies reachable from the ground! Yum.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 10 months ago #22831 by Envy
iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

XD The bat in my front garden has returned! It's easy to guess why; our lillipilli tree is just covered in berries! Our tree has never bloomed like this in my whole life. Thankfully this year, there are plenty of lillipillies reachable from the ground! Yum.

:P What an unusual name! I just looked it up - Are the fruits edible to humans too?

Time to create page: 0.307 seconds