Show Navigation Menu

What's your weakness?

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #19596 by Dragonscale
I think body image is something a lot of people worry about,even blokes,when i was single i was always pretty conscious of the fact that i was quite skinny.Luckily im married so dont worry so much now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #19614 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Aah..I don't know about skinny-shouldered. Depends what you mean by that. I happen to have a habit of choosing underweight guys all the time..It means their body frame really sticks out.

..I'm really weird..I like feeling ribs and veins. It's just nice in a strange, sensory way.. :S (This is where I usually creep people out). I think it's just the part of my mind which hates food and hates fat. <-- True weakness right there. >.< Body image.

You made me shudder right there with \"underweight\"! :S I can't stand skinny men! I like them average. Don't like them skinny and don't like them fat, but I rather take the chubby one then the skeleton. Also those testosterone filled body builders are awful in my eyes.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #19631 by SkieShauphen
I am a man but I worry about the way I look almost as much as your average woman. My friends were joking around with me the other night because I wouldn't go to the movies before I got my nails done. What's wrong with looking good in all aspects? Women notice good health care when they see it.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #19658 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:What's your weakness?
black_magnolia wrote:

You made me shudder right there with \"underweight\"! :S I can't stand skinny men! I like them average. Don't like them skinny and don't like them fat, but I rather take the chubby one then the skeleton. Also those testosterone filled body builders are awful in my eyes.

I find it difficult to distinguish between 'average' and 'underweight'..Simply because when I see an underweight guy, I see him as 'skinny'/'average' and..Well..Perfect. Ideal. Average to my eyes. If he's any larger..I just think 'overweight'..I.e. Not perfect and not 'average' to me..

I sound really shallow now, don't I? It's not that I have anything against non-underweight/skinny people..I just have a strange obsession with perfection..Heh. Reminds me of a poem by Sylvia Plath where 'perfection' was a dead woman.

It's hard to explain. I know what things are meant to be but that's not what I see initially unless I stop and think \"this is what society considers normal\" or something. I don't understand society's view because I just don't see it. The only time I can see a guy the same way as 'normal' people is if he's muscley (because I dislike large, heavily built muscley guys and they're clearly not skinny or overweight).

I didn't know men actually got their nails done on their own accord. :ohmy: That's something a woman dreams of but it never happens without some pushing.

It's a shame that few men 'dare' to get their nails etc. done. Most guys I know have horribly bitten nails..
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by Envy.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #19680 by black_magnolia
Salvador Dali, the famous artist, once said: \"Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it.\"

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #19683 by SkieShauphen
Envy wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

I find it difficult to distinguish between 'average' and 'underweight'..Simply because when I see an underweight guy, I see him as 'skinny'/'average' and..Well..Perfect. Ideal. Average to my eyes. If he's any larger..I just think 'overweight'..I.e. Not perfect and not 'average' to me..

I sound really shallow now, don't I? It's not that I have anything against non-underweight/skinny people..I just have a strange obsession with perfection..Heh. Reminds me of a poem by Sylvia Plath where 'perfection' was a dead woman.

It's hard to explain. I know what things are meant to be but that's not what I see initially unless I stop and think \"this is what society considers normal\" or something. I don't understand society's view because I just don't see it. The only time I can see a guy the same way as 'normal' people is if he's muscley (because I dislike large, heavily built muscley guys and they're clearly not skinny or overweight).

I didn't know men actually got their nails done on their own accord. :ohmy: That's something a woman dreams of but it never happens without some pushing.

It's a shame that few men 'dare' to get their nails etc. done. Most guys I know have horribly bitten nails..

I do everything I can. There is a reason why most of my friends are women. They love to do my nails, eyebrows, they give me secrets on shaving and what make up to use as well as how to use it. They help with my hair and the styles I put into it. They are great! Also, I save a lot of money instead of going to a beautician who has no clue what I want done, my friends know what I want and do it all for free.

Meaning comes from within.

Time to create page: 0.426 seconds