Show Navigation Menu

What's your weakness?

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #19354 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:What's your weakness?
:P I've never tried Jagermeister but my parents have a bottle of it in the fridge. I'll give it a go once I'm totally clean of medicine.

:woohoo: I used to love going on antibiotics (minus the illness) - The banana-lemon flavoured stuff was great! I used to always ask my doctor for the liquid medicine as opposed to tablets because I just loved the flavours. She eventually decided at the age of 15, I was too old for the syrupy-liquid versions of medicine and gave me tablets.

Kids' cough syrup has a really nice taste too. Haha. I always choose the kids' version instead of the adults' version if I can..I prefer the sugary taste as opposed to the weird clinical-medicinal-mint taste of adults' cough syrup.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #19385 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:What's your weakness?
My kid HATES the kid medicines. Don't know why, she can't stand kids cough medicine. She wants tablets! She learned to swallow them so she wouldn't have to take grape flavored syrup. She can't stand it.

I remember an antibiotic from when I was little that was chalky pink, and tasted like bubble gum. You had to keep it in the fridge, so it was like cool liquid heaven when I was sick.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #19407 by black_magnolia
scootiebee wrote:

My kid HATES the kid medicines. Don't know why, she can't stand kids cough medicine. She wants tablets! She learned to swallow them so she wouldn't have to take grape flavored syrup. She can't stand it.

I remember an antibiotic from when I was little that was chalky pink, and tasted like bubble gum. You had to keep it in the fridge, so it was like cool liquid heaven when I was sick.

I also remember such a pink/bubble gum taste syrup, but can't remember for what it was, well doesn't matter. I understand your girl, I too was never fond of those kids medicine, too sweet for my taste. I rather gulp down a tablet then two spoons of cough medicine. I know when I get a bad cough and have to drink that stuff, I hate it, it's too sweet and you must gulp it down undiluted. I alway drink a whole cup of tea aftre the cough medicine just to get the taste out of my mouth.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #19451 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:What's your weakness?
I don't know if the formulations were the same, but it wasn't a cough syrup, it was Amoxicillin, an antibiotic. I think it was a Brand Name, Amoxil. It was wonderful. Not really sweet, but creamy like bubble gum. Maybe that is just because it always made me feel better.

But when I have a cough, I actually love the taste of Robitussin, because I know that 10 minutes after I swallow it, the coughing will be better. I associate the awful taste of it with feeling better, and I think that's half the reason it works so well, the power of positive thinking.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #19471 by black_magnolia
scootiebee wrote:

I don't know if the formulations were the same, but it wasn't a cough syrup, it was Amoxicillin, an antibiotic. I think it was a Brand Name, Amoxil. It was wonderful. Not really sweet, but creamy like bubble gum. Maybe that is just because it always made me feel better.

But when I have a cough, I actually love the taste of Robitussin, because I know that 10 minutes after I swallow it, the coughing will be better. I associate the awful taste of it with feeling better, and I think that's half the reason it works so well, the power of positive thinking.

Yes, I think it was Amoxil, because the name is familiar and I know I only had liquid antibiotics when I was a kid.

I also have a similar association with medicine, the worse the taste the better it works, so when I have something that is sweet or ok taste-wise, I know it will take longer for me to get better.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #19477 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:What's your weakness?
black_magnolia wrote:

I also have a similar association with medicine, the worse the taste the better it works, so when I have something that is sweet or ok taste-wise, I know it will take longer for me to get better.

Aah I'm the opposite..Once I was on these strange pink steroid tablets that you stuck in a glass of water, let them dissolve and then drank. They tasted foul and I really had to force them down every morning. When things don't taste nice, I usually end up not taking them after a few days..So it takes me ages to get better, simply because I end up feeling more ill at the thought of taking more of the foul-tasting medicine.

I do wonder how susceptible I am to placebos though..If only there was a way to test that out.
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by Envy.

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds