Show Navigation Menu

March 8th - International Women's Day

More
14 years 1 month ago #17249 by scootiebee
I always remember Mother's Day, since it is the weekend of my birthday, which means I can never go out to dinner on my birthday weekend. It especially stinks when my birthday is ON Mother's Day. I feel like I get cheated out of a present and a dinner out! :)

Father's Day is the week after my husband's birthday. At least he gets to recover for a week between events! :)

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17296 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

I also think they wouldn't bother with it. They have fathers day and please tell me. who remmebers that? ok, I don't even know when it's mothers day, but my point is that men would even forget Christmas or New Years if it wasn't for all the fuss around it.

Hah, agreed. :P I usually buy my mother something for Mother's Day, and it's *only* because of that, that my father kicks up about not giving him anything for Father's Day. If I did nothing for my mother, he'd simply forget.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17334 by scootiebee
Be glad you have a father you can get something for! Between me and my husband, we have my mom, and that's it. No more grandparents either. So Lucy has one grandparent (well, two, if you count my step-father). So I wish I had to worry about Father's Day presents! Just get stuff for my husband for Father's Day.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17339 by cemwerewolf
Generally I don't have to worry about gifts for my father. There's an author whose books he really enjoys and the guy puts out about three novels a year. So I snap one up whenever a new one comes out. Every time something comes up that I need a gift for my dad I just pull a book out of the closet. My mom on the other hand . . . she's a toughy . . .

More
14 years 1 month ago #17367 by Morgana
My mom is really tough to buy for as well, and she says she doesn't want presents anymore. For the last couple of Christmases, I've made a donation in her name instead. There's a local animal shelter that produces a calendar every year, so I got her one of those, and made a donation to them as well.

I realize this might not work for everyone, but it might be worth thinking about if you're absolutely stumped for a present...

More
14 years 1 month ago #17370 by Envy
Morgana wrote:

My mom is really tough to buy for as well, and she says she doesn't want presents anymore. For the last couple of Christmases, I've made a donation in her name instead. There's a local animal shelter that produces a calendar every year, so I got her one of those, and made a donation to them as well.

I realize this might not work for everyone, but it might be worth thinking about if you're absolutely stumped for a present...

:P I was actually given one of those before, so I don't know how my mother would feel about receiving one in return. I'll keep it in mind for friends though. ^.^

Time to create page: 0.338 seconds