Show Navigation Menu

World Goth Day

More
13 years 11 months ago #21057 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:World Goth Day
I'm going to be at work all day Saturday so that means I'll be in whites. Not all that gothy. Perhaps if I have any energy left when I get home I'll get dressed up in all of my finery and go out for a bit . . .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21071 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:World Goth Day
There's a tattoo festival this weekend, and we plan to go on Saturday. It's just co-incidence though, I don't think it has anything to do with it being World Goth Day.

I do plan to wear my Mirror of the Soul pendant though, since it was at this festival last year, that I discovered a local store that carries AG items. I think they'll have a booth there again this year.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22316 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:World Goth Day
hmmm... Always when I see this topic I have to scratch my head and wonder if this World Goth Day \"hype\" will return next year or did everyone conclude it was a fiasco with nobody being interested in it...
Did anyone vote on their site in the poll?
Here are the results:

Best Band
Siouxsie & the Banshees

Best Female Singer
Siouxsie

Best Male Singer
Peter Murphy

Best Guitarist
Daniel Ash

Best Bass Player
Simon Gallup

Best Keyboard Player
Amanda Palmer

Best Song
Battle Hymn
(Faith and the Muse)

Best Album
:ankoku butoh:
(Faith and the Muse)

Best Club (joint winners)
Release the Bats
Nostalgia

Best Radio Station
Radio Nightbreed

Best Festival
Wave Gotik Treffen

Best Magazine
Gothic Beauty

Best Goth/Alt Model
Wednesday Mourning

Best Online Shop
Drac in a Box

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 11 months ago #33074 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: World Goth Day
You still have time to vote for this years World Goth Day awards: www.worldgothday.com/awards.shtml

From what I can see of the nominees, they are somewhat the same as last years, so I don't think the results will be much different.

May 22nd is this Sunday, so it's nice timing if you want to do something special on the day.

Anyone have any plans?

I'll be stuck in a coach for most of my day, so I won't be doing anything else then being the (probably) only goth on the coach. lol :woohoo:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #33080 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: World Goth Day
black_magnolia wrote:

I'll be stuck in a coach for most of my day, so I won't be doing anything else then being the (probably) only goth on the coach. lol :woohoo:

Bring make-up and work some super-goth wonders on whoever else is on the coach (whilst they're sleeping, if necessary). :silly: Haha. That'd liven my day.

No real plans for me.. :S Just revision..Too much revision to really think about much else..
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Envy.

More
12 years 11 months ago #33086 by AngelusSilenti
Replied by AngelusSilenti on topic Re: World Goth Day
I'll vote. I find the notion that there is a World Goth Day amusing in the sense of 'what will they come up with next?'. Sunday is going to be a laborious day spent packing and moving most of my things into storage. :S

If you have no one to blame but yourself then clearly you need to stop doing things alone.

Time to create page: 0.276 seconds