Show Navigation Menu

childhood memories...

More
14 years 1 week ago #20399 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:childhood memories...
About my childhood in all she was happy even if I still have some bad memories.

Mes hommages.

T.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #20414 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:childhood memories...
Ahh I guess my mother had a similar effect on me regarding my education. She always tried to push me ahead in maths, made me read from a young age etc..She finds the English system slow because she was educated in Hong Kong where things like maths and science are reaaally..Just..Mindblowing from a very young age.

She loves history as well - Always took us to museums and castles, attractions. Whenever she did take us to historical attractions, she'd always encourage us to read all the little panels of information about the site or items. We did it anyway - Because she did. She'd usually tell us to read it if she found it interesting anyway. Visiting historical places and reading up on history eventually just got drilled into us (my brother and I). My brother's more into the scientific departments of museums though. He never took in my mother's teachings the way I did - We were brought up pretty differently, yet in ways we turned out similar.

He was never 'punished' as a child, whereas I was (I don't know the English term, but the thing used to beat me was cane-like and hurt like hell). He's turned out relatively mild-mannered and obedient, like me, but he's...Less respectful. He never developed a fear of our parents. My brother was always given sciencey books as well, whereas I read fictional/historical books all the time.

More
13 years 5 months ago #28643 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: childhood memories...
Did anyone else watch 'Hey Arnold!' as a kid?

So annoyed - I referenced it to my brother and he didn't get it - Also claims to have never even watched it before. I feel so old. Especially when he doesn't even recognise stuff like 'Arthur'..The aardvark..

More
13 years 5 months ago #28644 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Did anyone else watch 'Hey Arnold!' as a kid?

So annoyed - I referenced it to my brother and he didn't get it - Also claims to have never even watched it before. I feel so old. Especially when he doesn't even recognise stuff like 'Arthur'..The aardvark..

I did sometimes watch \"Hey Arnold!\" :silly:
We didn't have 'Arthur' here on tv, so I couldn't even watch it.
I'd love to see some of those old cartoons aired again on Tv. The new stuff that I see now being aired isn't really to me liking, seems just to much like junk to me... :S

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 5 months ago #28645 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: childhood memories...
black_magnolia wrote:

I'd love to see some of those old cartoons aired again on Tv. The new stuff that I see now being aired isn't really to me liking, seems just to much like junk to me... :S

Yes! That's what annoys me now! It's like there's no good children's TV anymore..It's all got to be 'educational' or something..Like baby-TV instead of kid-TV. I remember when I was younger, channel 3 was always children's TV - GOOD children's cartoons during the immediate hour after school ended. The kind that would have comedy that you could enjoy as a kid and as an adult..Now it's just..Ugh.

More
13 years 5 months ago #28646 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re: childhood memories...
:) If you asked your parents, likely they'll have disliked what you watched as a kid.

It's just a huge cycle, we all remember children's TV from when we were growing up to be good and our parents do that same for what they watched.

Of course, when you look back it's pretty funny how much innuendo they got in that would have likely been stopped today.

Can't say I like a lot of what is on TV now though.

Time to create page: 0.294 seconds