Show Navigation Menu

Shoes, Boots and Footwear in General.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21432 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Polaristhe2 wrote:

I was reading this topic, and while not knowing why I am really reading it, something occurred to me. Why doesn't alchemy gothic make shoes. I know I'd give a hefty sum to buy \"Highwayman\" or \"Alchemist\" boots...

Probably because of the same issue they'd have with corsetry/women's underwear. Shoes generally need a lot more precision with sizes than say, hoodies and t-shirts...So they'd have to make a range of sizes when producing them, plus..There's no knowing what the demand will be like. There's so many types of shoe as well..

It's a possible idea, if Alchemy decided to branch out a bit, but shoes aren't as easily whipped up as a printed design for a top or something. That's probably one of the reasons why.

The idea isn't bad, but I agree completely with Envy on this one.
But still, maybe they could do a collaboration with Demonia or some other alternative shoe company and supply them with some pewter parts for the shoes? Did anyone see those shoes that Demonia made with bat and skull buckles? I was thinking along those lines. I like the idea, but the design Demonia used for the bats is horrible, I think Alchemy would do a much better job.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21439 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

Polaristhe2 wrote:

I was reading this topic, and while not knowing why I am really reading it, something occurred to me. Why doesn't alchemy gothic make shoes. I know I'd give a hefty sum to buy \"Highwayman\" or \"Alchemist\" boots...

Probably because of the same issue they'd have with corsetry/women's underwear. Shoes generally need a lot more precision with sizes than say, hoodies and t-shirts...So they'd have to make a range of sizes when producing them, plus..There's no knowing what the demand will be like. There's so many types of shoe as well..

It's a possible idea, if Alchemy decided to branch out a bit, but shoes aren't as easily whipped up as a printed design for a top or something. That's probably one of the reasons why.

The idea isn't bad, but I agree completely with Envy on this one.
But still, maybe they could do a collaboration with Demonia or some other alternative shoe company and supply them with some pewter parts for the shoes? Did anyone see those shoes that Demonia made with bat and skull buckles? I was thinking along those lines. I like the idea, but the design Demonia used for the bats is horrible, I think Alchemy would do a much better job.

Ooh that'd be a brilliant idea! Demonia shoes as a base design and then Alchemy for all of the metal detailings..Aah..That'd be a pretty range..Although the cost would probably prevent me from buying. Demonia + Alchemy prices? *Faints* :S

More
13 years 11 months ago #21448 by SkieShauphen
Does anyone still wear good ol fashioned combat boots with skirts these days? I miss that fashion back in the day.

Meaning comes from within.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21454 by Envy
SkieShauphen wrote:

Does anyone still wear good ol fashioned combat boots with skirts these days? I miss that fashion back in the day.

I did see a girl wearing combat boots with a skirt when I was at an open day! She was leading our tour group. I really really wanted to ask her where she got her boots from (because they were so cute) but I didn't have the guts. I regret not asking!

More
13 years 11 months ago #21456 by black_magnolia
SkieShauphen wrote:

I wore that look, but my combat boots have now been degraded to garden work and chew toy for the canine, but I do see reasonably a lot of girls wearing them with skirts. I wouldn't say they are a rare sight here.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21461 by Envy
On the topic of combat boots - Anyone know where I can get a reasonably petite pair?

The girl I saw wearing combat boots had a really cute, small pair that didn't make her feet look huge.

Time to create page: 0.289 seconds