Show Navigation Menu

Shoes, Boots and Footwear in General.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21118 by Morgana
Envy wrote:

Morgana wrote:

I don't usually spend more than an hour shopping... maybe 2, if I'm having good luck with finding things. I'm very picky, and find most of the stores carry more or less the same thing. Last time I went shopping I tried on a couple of skirts that looked nice on the rack, but they had really wide waistbands that didn't look good on me at all. Every other store I was in had pretty much the same thing, so I knew there was no point in trying them on. So the husband and I get sick of it at about the same time, and then head for the second-hand book and music stores, which is always much more fun!

I'm the same - I have on and off days where sometimes I can find tons of things I want and other times, I find nothing.

It's probably due to the fashions that are sold in high street stores..They'll all sell basically the same thing in the same season, so shopping can really suck when a style that doesn't suit you is in season.

Lots of shops are selling lacy things this season though, so I'm finding a few things which are quite pretty.

Yup, that's true, most stores do seem to have basically the same thing. And it definitely does suck when none of it suits you! I've seen quite a lot of peep-toe shoes around this year, which I actually do like the look of. So hopefully there'll be some clothes out that I like as well.

A couple of years ago when the really low-waisted jeans were all over the place, my husband kept bugging me to try them on, thinking they'd look good on me. I knew they wouldn't, but finally tried a pair just to shut him up. Added about 20 pounds to my hips... not at all the result he was expecting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21343 by scootiebee
I was out shopping yesterday, and wandered the mall looking for stockings. I went into H&M, which is new here, for the first time. I found 4 black jackets, about 5 skirts, and half a dozen tops that I wanted. I had to flee the store before I spent our mortgage payment there. But no stockings.

Why!?!?! Why is it that I always find something wonderful to buy when I don't have any money left in the budget?

And I can't decide if I should wear heels or flats to the wedding. It is outdoors, and I don't want to have to tiptoe in heels through the grass, but the flats are not as fancy. Choices...

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21351 by Envy
scootiebee wrote:

I was out shopping yesterday, and wandered the mall looking for stockings. I went into H&M, which is new here, for the first time. I found 4 black jackets, about 5 skirts, and half a dozen tops that I wanted. I had to flee the store before I spent our mortgage payment there. But no stockings.

Why!?!?! Why is it that I always find something wonderful to buy when I don't have any money left in the budget?

And I can't decide if I should wear heels or flats to the wedding. It is outdoors, and I don't want to have to tiptoe in heels through the grass, but the flats are not as fancy. Choices...

Argh, that reminds me of when a friend and I were forced to trudge through wet, thick mud in heels to get to police HQ for a presentation..

My heels were ruined. I had to very sneakily wipe the mud off of my heels on the carpet before getting up on stage. :whistle:

'H&M' does surprisingly have a lot of stuff that's a bit more casual but still to my tastes. Some of my favourite shirts and blouses have come from there..Oh, and underwear, thigh-high socks and little things like that. They currently have really cute tops too (I recall a nice black cropped jacket with a huuge white bow on, and you know how I am with black and white things)..But it was a tad pricey for what it was. :( Partner kept insisting that he bought it for me, but I'm very stubborn about paying for my own stuff.

I don't like the feeling of relying on someone else to pay for things for me. I'm an independent woman! :woohoo:

'Next' Often has nice casualwear too. I bought an adorable little suit where the jacket was cropped, had an unusual hook-and-eye front closure and had a kind of bustle attached to the back..It was on sale too! Cost me only 10 pounds or something. A very rare find - People go mental at 'Next' sales. I've seen greedy women sweep whole rails into a basket and sift through it all in a corner of the store in privacy. I might've mentioned that before actually - I found that suit the day before an interview..

I don't think I can say I've ever found shoes I liked in a casual high street store though..I always seem to go for unusual shoes. Might explain my lack of casual 'black shoes' for work. I really need to find some before my work experience placement this summer..

Wonder if I can find a picture of my suit jacket..

More
13 years 11 months ago #21358 by black_magnolia
scootiebee wrote:

I don't know how 'not fancy' your flats look like, but I think you would be more comfortable in flats. I generally think that people notice shoes among the last things. On most wedding photos I have seen, after some 40 pictures there are two of a heap of shoos in the corner and several more of the girls dancing barefoot.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #21421 by Polaristhe2
I was reading this topic, and while not knowing why I am really reading it, something occurred to me. Why doesn't alchemy gothic make shoes. I know I'd give a hefty sum to buy \"Highwayman\" or \"Alchemist\" boots...

Choices we make and the choices that are, when Hell is so close and Heaven so far.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Polaristhe2.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21425 by Envy
Polaristhe2 wrote:

I was reading this topic, and while not knowing why I am really reading it, something occurred to me. Why doesn't alchemy gothic make shoes. I know I'd give a hefty sum to buy \"Highwayman\" or \"Alchemist\" boots...

Probably because of the same issue they'd have with corsetry/women's underwear. Shoes generally need a lot more precision with sizes than say, hoodies and t-shirts...So they'd have to make a range of sizes when producing them, plus..There's no knowing what the demand will be like. There's so many types of shoe as well..

It's a possible idea, if Alchemy decided to branch out a bit, but shoes aren't as easily whipped up as a printed design for a top or something. That's probably one of the reasons why.

Time to create page: 0.289 seconds