Show Navigation Menu

Shoes, Boots and Footwear in General.

More
14 years 1 week ago #20369 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Et tu, Brutus? Almost everygirl has those! :S They are lovely but it gets boring when you see them on every second girl...

It appears that one's a popular design. :P Over here, the gothic scene is not very 'big', so to speak. I've never seen that exact design on anyone else in everyday life before, only online. ^.^ I'm pretty confident I won't be clashing with someone else whilst out in the city. It's mainly the..Uhhm..'Gangster' or 'Emo' scene here.

Morgana wrote:

My husband is really good to take along on shopping trips. I know I'll get an honest opinion from him, and he likes it because he gets to watch me try on different outfits.

Haha, my partner often jokes that he'll let me buy anything as long as he gets to see me try it on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #20380 by scootiebee
My husband hates shopping with me. He likes to be around me on his day off, and often suggests going out, and will put up with shopping a little bit, but would rather just walk around or go for lunch than wait for me to shop for clothes. I just buy what I like when he isn't around, and then tell him he doesn't have to get me a birthday present, because I bought myself such and such a thing. He is relieved, I am happy, and the world goes around again. Strange, because he has excellent taste, and knows how to pick things I like, he just doesn't have the patience I do for looking around.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 1 week ago #20422 by Envy
Aah my ex was similar. He knew exactly what I would enjoy, however, he was so extremely pessimistic. He'd always be on the 'boyfriend/husband chair' in the shops..One second it'd be: \"This shop is too hot! I can't breathe!\" and the next: \"I'm hungry!\"

Much like a child. He could only stand shopping for clothes for a couple of minutes at a time. It didn't suit me - I'm a bargain hunter! :woohoo: I'll look at the price of the same item/similar items in several shops before going back and buying something.

My current partner rolls his eyes at this too. He just grabs whatever does the job and buys it regardless. *Disapproval*

I guess the internet really helps with my shoe-shopping..I went through numerous sites trying to find the boots posted previously (Demonia - Electra 2042) - The design was actually awkward for me to find from non-US sites. I found two pairs on sale on eBay that were okay-priced, but by pure luck, an online UK store I sometimes use decided to stock them at an even cheaper price. ^.^

More
14 years 1 week ago #20512 by scootiebee
I have always been a comparison shopper. I learned it from my mom. I will go back and forth between several shops before settling on something. But Tim doesn't really mind. I just mind dragging him around with me! I is really very patient, but I hate feeling like I am boring him. And he is pretty good at sorting through and giving opinions. But when it comes to shopping for himself, he will just grab the first thing he sees. He is patient to shop for me all day, but if we are buying something for him, he wants it over ASAP. Last time I bought shoes for him, he tried on one pair, bought it, and has been wearing them every day for two years. ! :ohmy:

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 5 hours ago #21063 by Morgana
I don't usually spend more than an hour shopping... maybe 2, if I'm having good luck with finding things. I'm very picky, and find most of the stores carry more or less the same thing. Last time I went shopping I tried on a couple of skirts that looked nice on the rack, but they had really wide waistbands that didn't look good on me at all. Every other store I was in had pretty much the same thing, so I knew there was no point in trying them on. So the husband and I get sick of it at about the same time, and then head for the second-hand book and music stores, which is always much more fun!

More
13 years 11 months ago #21106 by Envy
Morgana wrote:

I don't usually spend more than an hour shopping... maybe 2, if I'm having good luck with finding things. I'm very picky, and find most of the stores carry more or less the same thing. Last time I went shopping I tried on a couple of skirts that looked nice on the rack, but they had really wide waistbands that didn't look good on me at all. Every other store I was in had pretty much the same thing, so I knew there was no point in trying them on. So the husband and I get sick of it at about the same time, and then head for the second-hand book and music stores, which is always much more fun!

I'm the same - I have on and off days where sometimes I can find tons of things I want and other times, I find nothing.

It's probably due to the fashions that are sold in high street stores..They'll all sell basically the same thing in the same season, so shopping can really suck when a style that doesn't suit you is in season.

Lots of shops are selling lacy things this season though, so I'm finding a few things which are quite pretty.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds