Show Navigation Menu

Sweets

More
13 years 10 months ago #23124 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Sweets
We had strawberries straight out of the garden tonight. They are so much better then store bought. And it looks like there's still plenty more that will be ready soon . . .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #23133 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Sweets
My mum got figs from our neighbour, so I had those. Our fig three is a bit late, but it gives juicer fruits, I just hope I will see some of our figs because my dad often just eats a ton right from the three and then there isn't really anything left for the the rest of the family. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 10 months ago #23150 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Sweets
We have wild strawberries in our yard. They're the very tiny ones, so it would be hard to pick enough to make anything with, but they're good just to eat as is. I also have one lonely raspberry cane, but it usually does have a few berries on it... they won't be ready for quite a while yet though. Blueberries are my favourite, but sadly we don't have any of them in the yard...

I might make another black forest cake this weekend, as an anniversary cake, and husband's birthday cake combined, since his birthday was last week and I haven't made him anything yet.

More
13 years 10 months ago #23168 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Sweets
My mum made some kind of apple tart in the morning. No idea how she managed to survive in the kitchen with the oven working, but I'm glad there is something sweet to eat. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 10 months ago #23177 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Sweets
We used to have a fig tree! That was the only time I ever ate figs - Not sure where that went, I would've thought we'd have taken it with us to this house when we moved, as it was potted. There was a fig tree here when we arrived, but it's a male one and doesn't bear fruit that's edible. :(

My mother bought two huge cakes from M&S for really cheap. Very fattening and sweet..One's a coffee flavoured swiss roll and another's an extra-chocolatey swiss roll. :S

More
13 years 10 months ago #23209 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Sweets
We have raspberries in our garden, but we had to cut a lot of them back this spring because they were sort of taking over, hanging over our front wall into the street! Hopefully we will still have enough to make something with, whether jam or just in a cake or something. We usually have more than we know what to do with, since they grow wild all over our neighborhood, but a lot of the bushes were killed by the road crews when they paved our street last fall. They just sort of dug up everything within a meter or so of the street, which is where a lot of the plants lived, just at the edge of the forest. :(

But I had a marzipan cake from Ikea today. yum!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds