Show Navigation Menu

Sweets

More
13 years 11 months ago #21245 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Sweets
Envy wrote:

Does anyone else dislike caramel?

I was craving sugar but the only thing around was a bunch of caramel digestives a friend offered me..I can't stand caramel..It gets all over my hands and my face and glues my mouth shut..Somehow.

I don't like plain caramel, because of the same glueing effect in my mouth, but I like it when combined with other stuff. I like drinking hot milk with caramel or panna cotta covered with a bit of caramel. That reminds me that I could make a bit of caramel milk, maybe it will make me feel better...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21278 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Sweets
I'm not terribly fond of the hard, sticky type of caramel, since I'm afraid of what it might do to my fillings. But I do like the flavour of it, and I like caramel in chocolates... Hershey's Kisses, Caramilk bars, etc.

The mention of marshmallows reminds me... I used to roast them over the stove, just like you would over a campfire. I'd just stick one on the end of a fork with a long-ish handle, and hold it over the element. If it touches it makes a real mess on the stove, but otherwise they're delicious.

I got some really good fudge on the weekend, one slice each of coffee, vanilla cream and maple cream. There's a company that sells it at fairs, events, etc., and I only see them once or twice a year, so I'm trying to ration myself to make it last...

More
13 years 11 months ago #21292 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Sweets
Morgana wrote:

I got some really good fudge on the weekend, one slice each of coffee, vanilla cream and maple cream. There's a company that sells it at fairs, events, etc., and I only see them once or twice a year, so I'm trying to ration myself to make it last...

Reminds me of the flavours from 'Fudge Kitchen'..They sell amazing fudge.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21300 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Sweets
Had a bunch of good ol' fashioned Reese's Cups today
yumm :silly:

Meaning comes from within.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21310 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Sweets
I had some chocolate cake. It didn't taste so good, but I was hungry so I had to gulp it down. Somehow the cream tasted as if it was made with olive oil. :S

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21319 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Sweets
Wolfing down the marshmallows here..

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds