Show Navigation Menu

Sweets

More
14 years 2 months ago #16968 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Sweets
Noxae wrote:

Do stop at the restaurant next time, they also have some great cakes. But you can buy those cakes from the IKEA supermarket too

Not too likely to happen now... the nearest Ikea is about 2000 miles away, so I think I missed my chance.

Scootiebee, I've got a cold as well, and I think ice cream sounds like the perfect thing to soothe a sore throat!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16986 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Sweets
I have discovered that Guinness is better than cold medicine. So that's what I am taking for my cold again today! :)

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #17005 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Sweets
scootiebee wrote:

I have discovered that Guinness is better than cold medicine. So that's what I am taking for my cold again today! :)

I think I'd rather have the cold... I'm not a beer drinker at all. I've heard that Guiness is very good for you, as it's quite high in iron.

I do like a hot toddy or two when I have a cold though. You take a mug of boiling water, like you would for tea, and put in a shot of rum and a spoonful of brown sugar. It tastes really good, and I also find that it helps me sleep.

Edit - sorry, went off topic here... unless you count the brown sugar as a sweet?
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Morgana.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17033 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Sweets
My grandfather's favorite sweet was whisky and honey. I still have that when I don't feel well. It is basically cough medicine that you WANT to take! :) I finished my chunky monkey today. :( I didn't have to share it with anyone though, because they were all afraid of my germs! :)

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 1 month ago #17037 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Sweets
Aah I found a real treasure in my freezer a while ago.

I have no idea why, but I'm eating so much lately. Stress, probably. Not been feeling great all week due to the workload.

Anyway - I found a small ice-cream lolly which had a white chocolate and strawberry outer coating, and chocolate ice-cream inside.

:) They were ignored because there was another box of opened ice-cream lollies on top and everyone assumed the box below was closed (including me).

There's only one more of those left..I must have it before my little brother finds it. :whistle:

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #17113 by Highwayman
Replied by Highwayman on topic Re:Sweets
Cadburys creme eggs everywhere!!! i wonder when the polish are going be making them :dry:

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Highwayman.

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds