Show Navigation Menu

The Graveyard

More
14 years 4 months ago #9813 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:The Graveyard
Yes, just a tiny one. It's not bad though. The forums are still pretty huge but they are much better now.

Meaning comes from within.
The topic has been locked.
More
14 years 4 months ago #9823 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:The Graveyard
SkieShauphen wrote:

Yes, just a tiny one. It's not bad though. The forums are still pretty huge but they are much better now.

Nah... This isn't huge at all. We have like 5000 something members, 20? active posting members, at best 120 posts per day.
Imagine a forum as big as boards.theforce.net! Over 2 MILION members, many active ones, around 1500 posts per day - every day. There you have around 5 or more mods per section and there are like dozens of sections and sub-forums... There are so many members that you don't have an option to change your password - you have to use the one you get from the admin and if you lose it you get a new one (it's always a combination of random letters and numbers) - just to keep the server from blowing up and keeping the forum free of charge...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
More
14 years 4 months ago #9845 by The Wretched Spawn
Replied by The Wretched Spawn on topic Re:The Graveyard
yer when I used to get on satanspace heaps, I would be meeting new moderators all the time cause the site had so many posts

What is a day without a blessed night?
And what is peace without a blessed fight?

A quick taste of the poison, a quick twist of the knife
When the obsession with death becomes a way of life
More
14 years 4 months ago #9867 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:The Graveyard
black_magnolia wrote:

SkieShauphen wrote:

Nah... This isn't huge at all. We have like 5000 something members, 20? active posting members, at best 120 posts per day.
Imagine a forum as big as boards.theforce.net! Over 2 MILION members, many active ones, around 1500 posts per day - every day. There you have around 5 or more mods per section and there are like dozens of sections and sub-forums... There are so many members that you don't have an option to change your password - you have to use the one you get from the admin and if you lose it you get a new one (it's always a combination of random letters and numbers) - just to keep the server from blowing up and keeping the forum free of charge...

Wow! I hope Alchemy doesn't get like that. Although I suppose it would be good for business if they had that many members. I think I would find a forum of that size totally frustrating though.
More
14 years 4 months ago #9871 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:The Graveyard
Yes, but for 20 something active members we sure do have a lot to talk about.

Meaning comes from within.
More
14 years 4 months ago #9884 by The Wretched Spawn
Replied by The Wretched Spawn on topic Re:The Graveyard
sure do haha

What is a day without a blessed night?
And what is peace without a blessed fight?

A quick taste of the poison, a quick twist of the knife
When the obsession with death becomes a way of life
Time to create page: 0.352 seconds