Show Navigation Menu

ALCHEMY & METAL HAMMER COMPETITION!!!

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #34575 by black_magnolia
\"Turn pewter into Silver!

Design a new pendant for Alchemy Metal-Wear.

Metal Hammer have their 25th anniversary in October, and to celebrate they’ve teamed up with Alchemy 1977, creators of alternative-lifestyle collections, to give one privileged Hammer or Classic Rock reader the fantastic opportunity to design a special edition, new Alchemy Metal-Wear pendant. The winner will receive a one-off,solid sterling silver version of their design, plus five regular pewter editions. Your design can be presented as anything from a pencil drawing to a digital rendering, but it is the subject, its style and shape, proportions, originality and overall appeal that will determine the judges’ choice, not the drawing’s technical quality. The pendant can be no bigger than two-and-a-half inches long.
The winning entry will be modelled by Alchemy Studios’ sculptors, and will go into limited-edition production, in pewter, to be sold worldwide, with full credit to the winning designer. The winner also gets £250 worth of Alchemy credit!

To further celebrate the 25th anniversary season, Alchemy are offering a monthly EDITOR'S CHOICE of rock accessories with a rather lovely 25% savings! Check www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/metal-hammer-alchemy/ for this month's selection of Alchemy MetalWear.

Please describe the idea behind your design and a suggested name for the piece.\"

:ohmy: CHECK OUT THIS LINK: www.futurecompetitions.com/alchemy/Default.asp :ohmy:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #34658 by Envy
So..Who's thinking of entering? :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #34665 by firensia
Would absolutely love to enter but unfortunately it is only open to UK residents. :(

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 7 months ago #34666 by black_magnolia
firensia wrote:

Would absolutely love to enter but unfortunately it is only open to UK residents. :(

No, it's not. Where did you get that info?

It is open worldwide.

The T&C's state it's only open to UK residents IF not otherwise stated and by 'otherwise stated' I understand that if they enable you to fill in an non-UK address in the submission form, then it means it's open worldwide. Plain simple logic.

Closing date is 17/08/2011, so I'm probably going to try to submit something till then. Have just one design idea for now, but still have to draw it out and see how it turns out...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 7 months ago #34670 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Oh I'd love to enter...damn this lack of ideas...

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
12 years 7 months ago #34672 by Envy
*Squee*..In the middle of drawing my first..I think I might just go for it and send my first idea in because it's taken so long to draw up. :huh: Worked on it for a few days and it's still just a rough outline - Though I worry that I've seen it before somewhere. >.< I think I'm being paranoid anyway..

I think by the time it's perfected I won't have the energy to draw up my other ideas..Which are much plainer..

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds