Show Navigation Menu
RPGs, PC/Console games, LARP, MMOs etc

StarCraft II

• Malkie
  • Topic Author
  • In life i stumble and in death i fall.
More
13 years 7 months ago #24440 by Malkie
StarCraft II was created by Malkie
Hello world

So who got it? anyone? tell me i'm not the only gamer in these forums and not a total nerd....

I got starcraft II and loved it, just finished it yesterday. The ending was epic and now i'm waiting for the expansions, I got the limited ediction which i was rather lucky i worked in a game store, it was sold out fast.

But the multi player is insane.. its hard and fast and since i played so much dawn of war II it showed how slow i was hahaa.

How about all of you?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #24487 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:StarCraft II
:P Heard of it and seen it around, but never decided to buy it. What kind of game is it?

At the moment - I'm playing Final Fantasy stuff..So I can take my time with my moves as it's all turn-based. I think I'd really suck at something fast. I tend to panic and button-mash in such cases, unless I'm hiding away and sniping on FPSs..

No worries about being a nerd, haha! I think I'm asking for a D&D board game expansion this Christmas, so..Yeah! Doesn't get worse than that! I'm just a newbie at it, but I played Hero Quest etc. as a kiddo and I loved just having little figurine props to manoever. :P

• Malkie
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #24528 by Malkie
Replied by Malkie on topic Re:StarCraft II
Envy wrote:

:P Heard of it and seen it around, but never decided to buy it. What kind of game is it?

At the moment - I'm playing Final Fantasy stuff..So I can take my time with my moves as it's all turn-based. I think I'd really suck at something fast. I tend to panic and button-mash in such cases, unless I'm hiding away and sniping on FPSs..

No worries about being a nerd, haha! I think I'm asking for a D&D board game expansion this Christmas, so..Yeah! Doesn't get worse than that! I'm just a newbie at it, but I played Hero Quest etc. as a kiddo and I loved just having little figurine props to manoever. :P

Meow! I do like final fantasy, i saw several games for ps1 at an op shop. Then i saw the resident evil series also. My gods i wished i had spare change in that moment.

I used to play hero quest myself and now from it became a 12 year warhammer veteran with far to many books and a scary knowlege of the background.

But yes i'm being a smarty bum but aren't must goths bloody gamers! YES!!!!! lol. Yet not much goes on in the gamer section :(

More
13 years 7 months ago #24551 by Envy
Malkie wrote:

Meow! I do like final fantasy, i saw several games for ps1 at an op shop. Then i saw the resident evil series also. My gods i wished i had spare change in that moment.

I used to play hero quest myself and now from it became a 12 year warhammer veteran with far to many books and a scary knowlege of the background.

But yes i'm being a smarty bum but aren't must goths bloody gamers! YES!!!!! lol. Yet not much goes on in the gamer section :(

:P Teehee..I bought some Resi. Evil games on the Wii but I still need to get another remote/nunchucks/zapper for one of them. I love Wii zappers..They're so fun! Like on the old arcade games!

Warhammer appealed to me at one point when I was with a partner who collected them, but the cost was insane and I just couldn't afford it..Not only that, but it's a bit awkward being female and wandering around those stores - I'd end up just painting and collecting rather than actively playing anyway.

But back to the topic - What's StarCraft II (or StarCraft in general) 'about'? What kind of gameplay is it? :silly:

• Malkie
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #24553 by Malkie
Replied by Malkie on topic Re:StarCraft II
Envy wrote:

Malkie wrote:

:P Teehee..I bought some Resi. Evil games on the Wii but I still need to get another remote/nunchucks/zapper for one of them. I love Wii zappers..They're so fun! Like on the old arcade games!

Warhammer appealed to me at one point when I was with a partner who collected them, but the cost was insane and I just couldn't afford it..Not only that, but it's a bit awkward being female and wandering around those stores - I'd end up just painting and collecting rather than actively playing anyway.

But back to the topic - What's StarCraft II (or StarCraft in general) 'about'? What kind of gameplay is it? :silly:

Hello again,

Yeah good point i did forget to mention that part, its Real Time Strategy yay rts! Its like civilization or dawn of war or age or empires. Hell of alot of fun.

3 races terrans YAY humanity Zerg, yay aliens like out of aliens literally and protoss yay aloof space elves!

Rather a good story line and game. number 2 sadly is rather split up but epic in measure.

More
13 years 7 months ago #24581 by Envy
Malkie wrote:

Hello again,

Yeah good point i did forget to mention that part, its Real Time Strategy yay rts! Its like civilization or dawn of war or age or empires. Hell of alot of fun.

3 races terrans YAY humanity Zerg, yay aliens like out of aliens literally and protoss yay aloof space elves!

Rather a good story line and game. number 2 sadly is rather split up but epic in measure.

Ah!

I mentioned this to my brother, as he's an avid AoE fan, and he's mentioned something about the cost which has prevented us from buying StarCraft. :woohoo: He also says our computer can't handle the graphics. *Facepalm*..My laptop can handle things, but I dislike anyone else touching my laptop, and my brother won't be getting a proper gaming computer until I've left for university.

I just noticed that it's developed by Blizzard? Don't they make WoW? Does StarCraft have a similar buy-CD-pay-monthly-online thing going too or is it one payment for the CD and nothing more?

If it's just a single payment, I'd think about investing..If only I hadn't spent the majority of my cash in Camden the other day. I'd probably be more interested in buying Diablo III actually..Hmm..No idea when that comes out though..

Time to create page: 0.269 seconds