Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Male vs Female Goths

More
14 years 5 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #9572 by SkieShauphen
I was just wondering...I've noticed that online when you search for goth clothing and accessories you mostly find woman's sites. (along with quite a few fetish lingerie sites) Although, when I search specifically for men's clothes and fashion ideas, nothing really comes up. It seems that goth is only fashionable (at least that's what the Internet says to me) for women of the culture. Does anyone know of any good fashion tip sites for men along with any others containing a HUGE selection of clothing? I like variety.
You may also discuss the previous statements about how women seem to have all of the good stuff and so many choices but men are left with just a handful.

Meaning comes from within.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9575 by TricksterShade
Yea... men simply lack choices in choosing their fashion, and women can always buy good but cheap stuff while men need to spend a lot to buy higher quality clothes. It's also a pity to see that many accessories are only suitable for the ladies. That's why I like Alchemy :)

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #9585 by black_magnolia
I think knupcy has already posted some good links for man's clothing somewhere on the site, can't recall the exact topic name. Maybe in the websites topic and in another about shops...

edit: found them! :)
www.retroscopefashions.com
www.gentlemansemporium.com/gentlemans.php
www.shrinestore.com/store/catalog/index.php

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9588 by SkieShauphen
Sweet, thank you. These are amazing.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9603 by cemwerewolf
Unfortunately, fashion in most it's aspects seems to have always been directed more towards women. It's rather sad though. Those few gentlemen I have come across who have gotten their hands on exemplary items of gothic fashion look rather amazing. It really is a shame that the gents have a harder time supplying their look.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9613 by PermeliaOpus
I noticed that a while back. :(

Have you tried Ebay?

Just throw different things together, be creative.

That's what I do all of the time because I hate looking like a magazine cover that everyone copies.

Really, chicks look like they have more of a variety and whatnot when they choose to look like everyone else.
Not to say that we really don't have more options than guys, though.

It's harder to find unique things that will match unique ideas.

A lot of our clothes are just some hybrid of another article of clothing. >.> And it's a big repeating circle. 80s, gothic, emo, preppy, etc. etc.
Have you noticed how trends repeat years later?

"I'm not crazy, I just don't give a fuck!"

Time to create page: 0.291 seconds