Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Dia de los Muertos...not another Halloween thread!

More
14 years 5 months ago #8243 by janelle hell
Thank you both for your kind words : D

The sugar skulls, whilst theoretically edible, don't taste very good...kind of like eating a plain sugar cube. But they're fun to make!

I found the triptych mirror in a dumpster! I couldn't believe someone threw it out! It reminds me of an old church window, too, with the arches :blush:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8244 by Zenith
In a dumpster? :blink: Incredible! But it's in such a good state! Did you recondition it? The things people throw away these days!

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 5 months ago #8245 by Zenith
In a dumpster? :blink: Incredible! But it's in such a good state! Did you recondition it? The things people throw away these days!

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #8259 by janelle hell
Yes...in a Dumpster! I just used some furniture polish on the wooden parts, and had one of the mirrors replaced, as it was missing.

: D
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by janelle hell.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8285 by cemwerewolf
And thus we stumble upon one of the great boons of gothic decor, a tendency to rejuvenate or reinvent items others would just throw away. Good job! :)

More
14 years 5 months ago #9012 by StephenG
a few of the botanicas around here had stuff for dia de los muertos, but no celebrations (that i knew of)
did make arrangements with my friend on line; if i can affoerd to come visit her in texas,we're gonna hunt down a celebration next year :cheer:

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds