Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

ancient creatures- reality or myth?

More
14 years 8 months ago #739 by morphea3107
so , we've seen that we all believe that dragons existed once upon a time; but how about fairies and goblins and leprechauns and unicorns and all the others?....where do we stand when faced with the probability of their existence?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #741 by knumpcy
It has more in believing than anything else, once the belief faulters then the drudges of society takes control.
This is a very good film based on true accounts included Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Harry Houdini. Fairy Tale: A True Story.

www.imdb.com/title/tt0119095/plotsummary

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by knumpcy.

More
14 years 8 months ago #746 by Veszdrin
i believe that the creatures we call \"mythical\" once existed. almost every legend or myth has had to come from something that was real. otherwise, where would the legends and myths themselves have come from? i dont' believe that a myth or legend can just spring up out of nowhere. it's just a matter of having enough of an open mind to believe that such things exist or used to exist. people nowadays don't have that kind of mentality anymore.

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

More
14 years 8 months ago #757 by CorpseQueen
I belive they're tales, most of them. Almost like religion, but instead of rules and a need to obey every one calling them a God's man they have a reason for everything. Religion has \"God says so\" but these old believes have a reason for eveything. To help them live and stay out of trouble.
I still belive both religion and myths are some kind of childrens tale that the grown-ups started to believe it...

But this is different. Dragons have a lot of myths around them, a lot of tales that helped people or yesterday do the right thing and have the right thoughts (if something 'right' ever existed) but I still believe they exist. And that's because there's so much to tell they actually might have. Explaniations of how they lived after the ice age and the comet and all else, how they work... most of other mythical creatures don't have that behind them. Unichorn horns where commonly sold in older times, but they where proven to be the horns of an animal living in the sea, for example.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 8 months ago #781 by Highwayman
You not seen warwick davis then him doing a Leprechaun is so cool

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

More
14 years 8 months ago #804 by cemwerewolf
Every once in awhile, some scientist unearths a creature either never seen before or thought to be extinct. Who is to say then that these \"mythical\" creatures have not or do not now exist? I for one believe in their reality.

Time to create page: 0.349 seconds