Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

myth and mythology

More
14 years 8 months ago #805 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:myth and mythology
Though the internet is great for information I'm always more comfortable leafing through books to find my information on the old tales. A good used book store is often a great place to find such books. You can find anything from children's story books to University texts on the subject. I've managed to garner myself quite an extensive collection of myth and mythology books over time by digging through every used book store I encounter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #814 by Veszdrin
Replied by Veszdrin on topic Re:myth and mythology
i agree. i would much rather find a nice quiet place to relax and read through a book then look up information on the internet. it just seems so much more relaxing. i need to start looking through old book stores more although where i live there are hardly any to be found.

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

More
14 years 8 months ago #821 by evig-elske
Replied by evig-elske on topic Re:myth and mythology
I personally enjoy books more too and have read a lot of old myths and fairy tales. The internet can generally spew out heaps of different information on one topic and isn't renowned for accuracy, aside from that, staring at the computer screen for ages can be painful.

P.S. I DO note the irony of saying this online.

More
14 years 8 months ago #823 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:myth and mythology
Was just gonna wonder, why are you here and not reading a book? ;) Myself, I've just been reading for an hour or so, so actually got something to say about it... i think.

I love books, and I'm very protective about them... those that I don't trust to take good care of my books wont get near them... B)

But with Internet it's so much easier to get info - in my last school we had to get our own info all the time (well, mostly) and Internet was the place too look. You got it fast and you usually got good info. In bookc you have to look forever to even find the right one... But in the end, I like books more. I rather read, even tho I'm too lazy for it... I'd like to get more books with fact (or fiction, depends on your point of view), as I only really got one atm. But I really like that book, it's great :blush:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 8 months ago #832 by tfillah
Replied by tfillah on topic Re:myth and mythology
While the 'net is fast, it is also filled with garbage. Sometimes it takes a while to wade through it. Plus, there is something comforting about being surrounded by large, bound volumes. I miss my encyclopaedia.

Aut Disce Aut Discede

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #865 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:myth and mythology
A friend of mine told me about the pantheon site. I agree, it's not the most in-depth, but it's good to get a basic knowledge of a certain myth or figure.

And I like books much better as well! However, the internet does have its uses...
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Morgana.

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds