Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Gothic Recipes

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #21659 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Gothic Recipes
Not really sure what counts as 'gothic'..But it's pretty easy to get hold of jellyfish and that tastes pretty good either boiled or deep fried. Deep fried squid is amazing too. :kiss: Some people eat it with the ink cooked..Just like cooked blood. It looks a huge mess and I've never tried, but it can't taste bad at all as squid is lovely.

Edit: Found a squid ink pasta recipe..

uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/515497
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Envy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #21660 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Gothic Recipes
Thanks for the link and clarification, Kuroboshi! I didn't think about googling it, I'm too lazy for that. :silly:
I'm not that surprised that there is such a recipe and even while reading it I instantly thought about fruit bats. In my opinion, fruit bats make better pets then soups. :P

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 9 months ago #21664 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Gothic Recipes
Sorry, but this sounds like animal cruelty to me, same as putting live lobsters into a pot of boiling water. Just because they're not a \"pet\" type of animal, doesn't mean we should be horrible to them.

More
13 years 9 months ago #21667 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:Gothic Recipes
Actually, Fruit Bats supposedly make very affectionate pets. Source: bertc.com/subfive/recipes/fruitbat.htm

One of the recipes. Note this one says 3 Fruit bats, well washed but either (I assume neither is meant here) skinned nor eviscerated.

It does not mention about using live bats, nor does the site I provided earlier. I checked 3 sites in total earlier and none said the bats had to be live. In fact, I'd argue against having them live, as it'd be easier to ensure they are well washed if they were dead. Please note that the person who posted the recipe on these forums mentioned nothing about them being well washed, and since both links I've given have measurements for the amounts of the ingredients needed, it'd be better to listen to them, rather than the poster here.

But yeah, throwing live animals into boiling water is exceedingly cruel and completely unnecessary.

More
13 years 9 months ago #21669 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Gothic Recipes
Fair enough... I didn't read any of the links/recipes because, as a vegetarian, this is not something I'd ever want to try. But the original post about this recipe did definitely say \"live bats\".

• Athenian
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 9 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #21670 by Athenian
Replied by Athenian on topic Re:Gothic Recipes
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Athenian.

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds