Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Gothic Recipes

More
13 years 11 months ago #20819 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Gothic Recipes
Hagazussa wrote:

Chicken meatballs and black rice Wok.

Take some ground chicken meat, add some salt, pepper and a bit of garlic. Make small balls of this mix and fry in a frying pan. Once done take the balls of the plate. Boil some black rice, consult whatever portion measuring system you normally use for amount. Remember that black rice need longer boiling time than regular rice. Once done put the rice and the chicken balls in a hot Wok together with some chopped paprika, onions and whatever other vegetables you might want in there. Add soy sauce. A bit at the time and remember to stir the wok so it do not burn. Taste often and when the rice have the consistency you like it is done. Serve with some fresh bread and a salad.

What kind of black rice do you use for this recipe?

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Athenian
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 10 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #21629 by Athenian
Replied by Athenian on topic Re:Gothic Recipes
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Athenian.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21640 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Gothic Recipes
Athenian wrote:

Bat Soup

Simply throwing the live bats into a large pot of boiling water starts the soup. Next, some ginger is added accompanied by a large chopped onion with salt and pepper to taste. After three-quarters of an hour or so, the bats are removed and skinned. All the meat, and any other interesting parts, depending on your particular aches and pains of the day, will be removed from the bone and returned to the broth. Once heated through, the soup is poured into bowls and served with sides of onions, soy sauce and coconut cream. Wash this down with some bats blood and rice wine . Bon Appetite!

Is this a genuine recipe? I know the Chinese eat almost everything so I wouldn't be surprised if they prepare bats...
Have you tried making this soup yourself or have you had the opportunity to eat it?

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21653 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:Gothic Recipes
www.grouprecipes.com/52476/bat-soup.html

Apparently it is Magnolia.

That basically says the same, minus drinking the blood and rice wine with it. I'd guess the bats have to be dead since it says \"well-washed\", and it specifically mentions fruit bats.

Athenian could have given us the amounts of stuff to use instead of just posting a general recipe, works a lot better if there is someone interested in trying it.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21655 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Gothic Recipes
Kuroboshi wrote:

www.grouprecipes.com/52476/bat-soup.html

Wow..I thought the recipe was a joke. :S

- And, we don't eat almost everything! :woohoo: We just don't like waste.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21656 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:Gothic Recipes
I took it as a joke too, once I reached the part about drinking the bat's blood.

Why do you think I had to confirm it wasn't? Anyway, multiple sites state the same and have the same source.

Time to create page: 0.289 seconds