Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Gothic Recipes

More
14 years 1 week ago #18934 by randomprincess
Replied by randomprincess on topic Re:Gothic Recipes
Greetings all,

well overnight i have searched an searched to no avail - so i am going from memory and the basics just so you get the idea. you can add - take out - etc etc

what you will need - and to how much you will need is to how many people you will do it for
and it can be done in rich dark chocolate - the better - white chocolate - or milk chcolate.

muffin patty cake paper things
1 packet of rich dark chocolate mousse
at least 1 packet of 200-250g melted chocolate
double thick cream - with cocoa - or hot choc powder added - and whipped till nice and thick
and some mud cake or you can even add some fudge or brownie or hedgehog slice etc - cut into a slice that will go into the muffin paper

ok here we go

melt the chcoclate in a double saucepan or microwve - dont boil though just melt
pour into and line the muffin paper/papers - all the way up the sides - to make a chocolate holder.
cut a slice of the mud cake/fudge//brownie then add the prepared mousse mix - then top with the chocolate whipped cream and some grated chocolate or choc sprinkles .

you can even add some liqueurs into the melted choc that forms the base etc etc - this is something different and as i mentioned above you cann add /take out etc etc

happy cooking everyone - oh imight have to make some tonight.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #18937 by randomprincess
Replied by randomprincess on topic Re:Gothic Recipes
Here is a little quickie recipe, one of my daughters friends was having a fancy dress party with the theme that you had to come as a goth punk or emo.

well anyway i cam up with an idea for her - the non alcoholic version of rum balls that were the size of moth balls - but she called them shahnis ''GOTH BALLS\"\" FOR HER PARTY.

this is so quick and easy - and once again - you can add/take out and make your own vesion.

you will need : 1 dark fruit cake - just a small one - say 6\" x 6' or larger whatever you require
apricot/orange smooth marmalade
some rum, bourbon, or the rum essence for no alco version or peppermint essence or orange liqueur etc etc
and some chocolate sprinkles.

crumble up fruit cake til small crumbles are happening - mix in the essence of your choice and the orange/apricot marmalade. add enough of the marmalde to make a perfect none crumble little balls

add the choccy sprinkles into a container with lid - place the balls - into the container to completely cover them.

place them in the fridge for a good couple of hours or even overnight. -

believe me you can never make enough of these - they will go like there is no tomorrow.

More
14 years 1 week ago #18954 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Gothic Recipes
Oh, boy, Death By Chocolate! I have the original recipe from the chef who created the original Death By Chocolate Cake, Marcel Desaulniers. This is his restaurant, but the site is undergoing renovations at the moment.

This is the chef's wikipedia page. I would copy out the recipe, but it is 6 pages in a large cookbook (the ingredients take up a page and a half!!!). It takes two days to make all the parts of the cake, and when it is done it weighs more than 10 lbs (something like 4 kg). The total cost of all the ingredients is very high too. The various parts of the cake, according to the ingredient lists, are Cocoa Meringue, chocolate mousse, chocolate ganache, chocolate brownie, mocha mousse, and chocolate rum sauce.

I recommend a trip to the restaurant in Historic Williamsburg, Virginia, to save you the trouble of trying to make it! :)

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 1 week ago #18957 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Morgana wrote:

iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

That was the name of a resturant in Canberra...they closed down a few years ago sadly.

There are also Death by Chocolate restaurants in Vancouver, Canada. Seems to be the same thing, judging by their website.

www.deathbychocolate.ca/

Ah yes.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 11 months ago #20767 by Hagazussa
Replied by Hagazussa on topic Re:Gothic Recipes
Chicken meatballs and black rice Wok.

Take some ground chicken meat, add some salt, pepper and a bit of garlic. Make small balls of this mix and fry in a frying pan. Once done take the balls of the plate. Boil some black rice, consult whatever portion measuring system you normally use for amount. Remember that black rice need longer boiling time than regular rice. Once done put the rice and the chicken balls in a hot Wok together with some chopped paprika, onions and whatever other vegetables you might want in there. Add soy sauce. A bit at the time and remember to stir the wok so it do not burn. Taste often and when the rice have the consistency you like it is done. Serve with some fresh bread and a salad.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20779 by iHauntTheSepulchre
That sounds delicious...I must suggest this to Dad next time he goes grocery shopping.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds