Gothic Recipes

More
14 years 3 months ago #11575 by MarkedGirl17
Replied by MarkedGirl17 on topic Re:Gothic Recipes
I will if you will lol
Godspeed
Always,
Marked :kiss:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #11577 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Gothic Recipes
It'll be quite a long time till I do that. I have exams coming up and even if I find those recipes I have to translate them before putting them up here. :S

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
14 years 3 months ago #11710 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Gothic Recipes
Take it slow :D I have to find my late grandmothers book of recipes, she made the oddest cookies and best tasting ones too. And also we are experimenting here everyday, and I recommend it to everyone, everything from mixing absent with vodka any other remaining alcohol in the house (we did that last night it tasted great) to preparing mushrooms in sweet cranberry sauce :)

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #11740 by MarkedGirl17
Translate it?...O_O nevermind i won't ask.. don't worry about it i have to find my stuff to.... stupid moving from house to house...>.<
Godspeed
Always,
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by MarkedGirl17.

More
14 years 3 months ago #11779 by Katelyn
Replied by Katelyn on topic Re:Gothic Recipes
I cannot vouch for the historical or gothic nature of the following recipe, but here it is.

Date Balls

1 stick/cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
16 ounces pitted/chopped dates (either is good, but I mix pitted and chopped- you could use many other dehydrated fruits too)
2 cups puffed rice/rice crispies
1 cup chopped pecans
1 tbsp. vanilla (or other liquor)
confectioner's/powdered sugar

Combine first three ingredients in medium sauce pan over medium heat for 10-12 minutes until a paste is formed. Remove from heat, and add next three ingredients. Allow to cool, and roll into balls using confectioner's sugar (to solidify the ball and for a nice powdery white outside depending on the amount of sugar used).

The balls come out a brownish color unless lots of powdered sugar is used. Of course, you can color the sugar for a different outside color.

This is the recipe I make for the Nightside Festival where I channel energy into Elorath to feed the higher ranked sorors and fraters of the Family. Of course, I eventually eat the balls myself, but that is ok because the energy doesn't go into the balls. I need the sugar after such a tiring ritual!

If the shoe fits, ask a man if you should wear it. He will then consult another woman. When he tells you yes, wear the shoes to insult the lady who makes you look good. ;D

More
14 years 3 months ago #11780 by MarkedGirl17
interesting recipe Katelyn i'll have to try it some time.. soon
godspeed
always,

Time to create page: 0.278 seconds