Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Gothic Recipes

More
14 years 6 months ago #5860 by anastasia13
Gothic Recipes was created by anastasia13
Since Carla is a chef and others love to cook, let's do gothic recipes....list down everything, possibly in conversions....cups, teaspoons, etc....I do not know liters, mililiters.... but list favorite dishes and maybe we can try things from other countries, get a real feel from where we are from...

I like taking about 4 good sized chicken breast....slice them into strips....cook them in olive oil on stove...
Boil a cup and 1/2 of wild rice.....
put cooked and drained rice in a casserole dish (glass) and mix two cans of cream of mushroom soup with a half cup of milk, once that is all mixed well, tuck in strips of chicken.

Then cover and put in oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees....

\"Minnesota Hot-dish Chicken Wildrice Casserole\"

Very yummy on cold nights. Not really gothicy, but yummy just the same... Goes great with a robust merlot or a smooth chardonny.

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5872 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Gothic Recipes
Alright folks, this is my secret recipe so it has to stay just between us . . .:)

Carla's Killer Brownies

1 cup butter or margarine (melt it for ease of mixing)
2 eggs
6 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 cup chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla (I usually add a little more because I LOVE vanilla!)

Combine all ingredients and pour batter in to a greased 9x9\" pan. Bake in a 350*F oven for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cooking times will vary based on individual stoves so you'll want to watch it carefully the first time you make it.

This is a recipe that I tinkered with for quite awhile before I got it just right and apparently, I'm the only one who can make it come out perfect. Seriously. My grandmother who is a baking goddess actually made me bake a batch in front of her so she could watch my every move. Her's still came out kind of tough rather than moist and chewy. So I'd love to hear the results if anyone tries this out. But that will have to be it for now. My husband's home now and if he finds out I'm giving away my secrets there could be trouble . . .

More
14 years 6 months ago #5874 by anastasia13
Replied by anastasia13 on topic Re:Gothic Recipes
yummy, so is real butter better?

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5878 by cemwerewolf
Real butter, in my opinion, is always the best choice when baking. You get a much better flavor and often a better overall texture to the finished product.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5882 by janelle hell
Replied by janelle hell on topic Re:Gothic Recipes
Thanks for posting the brownie recipe! I'll try it out next time I make some brownies, which should be soon, as I just got some Halloween themed sugar sprinkles to make some party treats with. I'll let you know how they turn out : D

More
14 years 6 months ago #5901 by cemwerewolf
Yummy! I love Halloween sprinkles! I always have to stock up this time of year because I use them year round and usually run out before they're back in stores.

The thing I love about this recipe is that you don't need to ice them. The chocolate chips mixed in make every bite ooey gooey good. Plus, one less step means they're ready to eat that much sooner!

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds