Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Gothic Recipes

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #21672 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Gothic Recipes
Putting lobsters into boiling water is nothing like putting live bats into boiling water.

When things like lobsters are cooked 'live', they're basically in a comatose state before being put into the pot. By freezing them, it's basically a 'kind' way of putting them to sleep without mauling the body up (lobsters aren't as simple to kill as something like a chicken and there's no way to see whether something has ended it or not, therefore freezing is used). Freezing is generally used to put most shellfish into that 'comatose' state before sticking them into a pot. The effect is instant and therefore theoretically painless, like a gunshot to the head of an animal.

It's not logical to cook things like seafood after it's been killed as I recall something about the fast decomposition of the meat which could very easily lead to a tummy upset, which is another reason frozen/'live' produce is used.

That's just for lobsters anyway - I can't really see the same freezing thing being used for a bat as it'd be a lot more obvious as to whether a mammal is in pain as opposed to shellfish. I doubt a live bat would be required as well as I don't think their meat has the same rapid decompositional properties that shellfish meat does and therefore it's uneccesary to use live bats.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Envy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #32901 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Gothic Recipes
Not strictly gothic, but it's all about the presentation! ;)

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 11 months ago #32906 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Gothic Recipes
Oh my! :woohoo: That's BRILLIANT.

I just wish I hadn't watched it at ..00:36am. I want a decently big meal now. Hungry!

I LOVE that guy's 'cutlery'! I want some blades like that, haha!

Time to create page: 0.334 seconds