Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

goth clothing @ work

More
14 years 6 months ago #6218 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:@ work
When I used to work at Georgetown Hospital, I had to dress nice and normal (I worked in pediatrics, and the last thing you want to do is freak out the parents of ill children), but I haven't worked in an office in years. Now the closest thing I do to work is lead a girl scout troop and volunteer at my daughter's school in the library. I tend to dress more like a parent there, but sometimes when I have to pop in with a forgotten lunch or to talk with the teacher real quick, I get a lot of double-takes. It is fun to surprise people.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #6556 by vampirelycanthrope13
Replied by vampirelycanthrope13 on topic Re:@ work
With dress codes I usually start off with more normal plain clothes, and slowly as I get to know people work in more of my more interesting and punk and goth clothes and jewellery, and usually get complimented and asked where I've bought my things. Even if it's a more formal place, I usually wear a gothic style jacket anyway, like one of my beloved raven tailcoats :)

More
14 years 6 months ago #6566 by StephenG
Replied by StephenG on topic Re: @ work
Every job i had (past tense) made me wear a uniform. BUT, i was able to sneak in my Versus Doctrinus belt buckle... gotta be defiant when we can,right?

More
14 years 6 months ago #6603 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:@ work
I've always gone to work in disguise....kind of. Sometimes I were the same outfits regularly as I've worn to work. A nice button up shirt and some ironed pants. I still think I look good dressed up so I just do it randomly, like yesterday.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8227 by Nox Aeterna
Replied by Nox Aeterna on topic Re:@ work
I go to work in smart dress, but this does not bother me at all, what bothers me is the question of timetables and other, and sometimes you do not earn it fair

Time to create page: 0.316 seconds