Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Do goths always have to wear all black?

More
14 years 5 months ago #6067 by anastasia13
We are all talking to eachother from different walks of life, obviously without webcam...thus we come together because we are what we are. There is no other question or answer. We could all be sitting naked and posting on this forum, but we are talking and are all goth, no matter if it is the hicky Hot Topic goth or those that do not label themselves, but live, bleed, breath goth....it is a lifestyle whether you wear blue jeans, black tee, and a AG necklace...it wouldn't matter because you are one of us....I'm wearing a v-neck red tee and black cargo pants...so really I would look \"normal\" but I put on my skull Doc Martans and some gothic earrings I have, and a bit of makeup and tada! I would be labeled here in Texas as a goth, but if I just put on sandals and then walked out, possibly I wouldn't be totally contrued, but with my cellphone/ipod earphones in, rocking out at Wal-Mart I will probably still be a goth....Like Black Mags (Magnolia) said, it is the essence of us...no matter what we do it will be a part of us.

now that was long winded!!

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #6087 by StephenG
There are elitists in every clique and group and class of people in the world... when i wear western clothes, the cowboys call me fake... same as goths... so i would say to thine own self be true....

More
14 years 5 months ago #6090 by Highwayman
Black clothes always look the coolest that's why most of us wear it all the time.

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

More
14 years 5 months ago #6113 by Aftermidnight
anastasia13 wrote:

We are all talking to eachother from different walks of life, obviously without webcam...thus we come together because we are what we are. There is no other question or answer. We could all be sitting naked and posting on this forum, but we are talking and are all goth, no matter if it is the hicky Hot Topic goth or those that do not label themselves, but live, bleed, breath goth....it is a lifestyle whether you wear blue jeans, black tee, and a AG necklace...it wouldn't matter because you are one of us....I'm wearing a v-neck red tee and black cargo pants...so really I would look \"normal\" but I put on my skull Doc Martans and some gothic earrings I have, and a bit of makeup and tada! I would be labeled here in Texas as a goth, but if I just put on sandals and then walked out, possibly I wouldn't be totally contrued, but with my cellphone/ipod earphones in, rocking out at Wal-Mart I will probably still be a goth....Like Black Mags (Magnolia) said, it is the essence of us...no matter what we do it will be a part of us.

now that was long winded!!

But well worth the read :)

More
14 years 5 months ago #6131 by cemwerewolf
Well worth it indeed! Bravo! I love the great variety and depth of answers we get to questions that, at first, seem so simple.

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #6741 by SkieShauphen
Hmm, well, I happen to know plenty of people who I consider Gothic and several of them never really wear black at all. One girl I know only wears pink...and in excess might I add. Eyeliner, hair, pink clothes, and even pinkish tone on her cheeks. She loves pink but she is evil!!!

In fact, out of my group back in AR I'm really the black sheep. I usually wear all black, boots, pants, shirt, long black coat and I sometimes dye my hair black but the brown in it is so dark it barely even makes a difference. I just love black. If I choose any other color to wear it's a deep, crimson red. That's my seductive color I think. :S

Meaning comes from within.
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by SkieShauphen.

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds