Favorite creature

More
13 years 11 months ago #20662 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Favorite creature
Envy wrote:

Morgana wrote:

Kitessa76 wrote:

Oh, and men who vaccuum.

That's definitely a wonderful creature! My husband does vacuum, which I great because I absolutely despise doing that.

Vacuuming I'm not so bothered about - It's cooking I despise. :S Unless I'm baking sugary things or something.

Same here... I love to bake, but I don't cook at all. I can boil water for pasta, but that's about it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #20762 by Hagazussa
Replied by Hagazussa on topic Re:Favorite creature
That depends really, there are so many different versions in fiction and in myth for each and every supernatural creature that it is hard to say I like that type best, as that type have allot of different versions. My three favorites in the fiction category is true mages from Mage the Ascension, vampires from Vampire the Masquerade and channelers from Wheel of Time. But generally since two of my top three are in the mage category I would have to say mages are my favorite creature with vampires coming in on a strong second. In the mythology category I think my favorite is Taoist Immortals or Hisian, followed closely by Huldra, a Scandinavia type of fay and folklore vampires. In the modern day occult category my favorite are psychic vampires followed by Spirit guides.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Hagazussa.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #21937 by Nect
Replied by Nect on topic Re:Favorite creature
Well yeah... my favourite creature is the Phoenix :laugh: though the Egyptian Scarab is great too. Both of them for their symbolism :silly:

"The truth is, laughter always sounds more perfect than weeping. Laughter flows in a violent riff and is effortlessly melodic. Weeping is often fought, choked, half strangled, or surrendered to with humiliation.” - Anne Rice
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Nect.

• AvaloN
  • Someday, life will be fairer,Need will be rarer...
More
13 years 10 months ago #21942 by AvaloN
Replied by AvaloN on topic Re:Favorite creature
mmmm....i like marmaids(my next tattoo)and fairies.... :silly:

Show me your moon burns
Take me as the moon burns
The freezing moon
Making things real for me
The killing Moon
Making things happen for me

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #31713 by countessametallic
Here is the creature I absolutely adore. The info upon it, is taken from wikipedia.

{Leanan Sidhe}

In Celtic folklore, the Irish: leannán sí \"Barrow-Lover\" (Scottish Gaelic: leannan sìth; Manx: lhiannan shee; [lʲan̴̪-an ˈʃiː]) is a beautiful woman of the Aos Sí (people of the barrow or the fairy folk) who takes a human lover. Lovers of the leannán sídhe are said to live brief, though highly inspired, lives. The name comes from the Gaelic words for a sweetheart, lover, or concubine and the term for a barrow or fairy-mound.

The leanan sídhe is generally depicted as a beautiful muse, who offers inspiration to an artist in exchange for their love and devotion; however, this frequently results in madness for the artist, as well as premature death. W. B. Yeats popularized a slightly different perspective on these spirits with emphasis on their vampiric tendencies:

The Leanhaun Shee (fairy mistress) seeks the love of mortals. If they refuse, she must be their slave; if they consent, they are hers, and can only escape by finding another to take their place. The fairy lives on their life, and they waste away. Death is no escape from her. She is the Gaelic muse, for she gives inspiration to those she persecutes. The Gaelic poets die young, for she is restless, and will not let them remain long on earth - this malignant phantom.
Vampiric Fairies, are just sooo much mooore Wicked. ^VV^

All is Askew, In their Rotted point of view~by Me.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by countessametallic.

More
13 years 1 month ago #31871 by Dragovar
Replied by Dragovar on topic Re: Favorite creature
Well, indeed Dragons are creatures of wonder, I like them because they have existed or mentioned in almost every corner and culture in the world,
From Mesopotamia to Mexico XD, so.. yes, Dragons are the most favorited of all.. for now

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds