Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

The Veil between Us and Them

More
14 years 6 months ago #4929 by anastasia13
Do ya'll think that the veil to the underworld or hell is closer to us on Holloween? or is it really that close to us all year round, but we choose to only think that it is one day that its closer? Just wondering, been reading about the Salem Witch Trials, London Tower, and other stories....

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #4931 by Zenith
My personal belief is that the veil which separates the world we see and the world unseen is lifted on Samhain/Halloween. Every year when I celebrate it, it becomes clear to me that there is something beyond, not an underworld or a hell or simply a place where spirits dwell, more like another plane...it's a feeling that words fail to describe, really...

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 6 months ago #4941 by janelle hell
There must be something to it, as various cultures have historically held celebrations commemorating the dead during that time of the year. There's the ancient Celtics (Samhain), the pre-Columbian Mexican cultures (Dia de los Muertos), and the medieval Catholic Church (All Hallow's Eve, followed by All Saint's Day, followed by All Souls Day).

More
14 years 6 months ago #4966 by Polaristhe2
I believe that it's just the weather talking.

\"It's autumn again...\"

\"Yeah.\"

\"And it's raining again\"

\"Yeah...\"

\"You remember that old fool Joseph? He used to love the autumn. Never did figure out why...\"

\"Joseph, oh man I miss him... That old pumpking farmer. He was madder than a hatter. But he was so nice... Do you remember last year when he set his pants on fire and ran into a barn? You know, he died about a year ago. We should go light a candle\"

\"You know what, that's not a bad idea. While we're at it, I'll go light a candle for my mom and dad. I sure do miss 'em. Let's light everyone a candle. What did Joseph die of again?\"

\"Let's light everyone a candle. That's a great idea! Third degree burns by the way.\"

Autumn has a melancholic ring to it. No wonder such a festivity is held then. Besides, it's great for reminiscence.

Choices we make and the choices that are, when Hell is so close and Heaven so far.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5014 by CorpseQueen
I pretty much agree with Polaristhe. And as I don't really believe int spirits or souls or anything alike, it's hard to see a veil between us and that which I don't believe in.

Autumn is a special time of the year, no doubt it. Myself, I love it; the rain, the cold shadows and hot sun, the smell and feeling of it, the colours and behaviours of nature.
But I do understand the feeling of sadness and alike. It's getting darker, and it fools even me (it's so dark outside I want to go to bed at 8 in the evening) so I understand the need for candles, and the thoughts Polaristhe wrote about.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 6 months ago #5047 by Thurysaz
Bonsoir sisters & brothers members of TOOA,

it is near to us permanently but that night it is more \"open\" than usual.

Mes hommages.

T.

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds