Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Astrology/Horoscopes

More
14 years 7 months ago #1533 by demonica66613
Astrology was created by demonica66613
Do any of you believe in astrology? Is it true that the positions of planets can affect our day to day lives or is it something else?

Personally, I wish Alchemy would carry more astrological jewelry. They have come out with the Chaldean series, wish they could bring it back or have a new line with new images and/or symbols.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #1544 by morphea3107
Replied by morphea3107 on topic Re:Astrology
i like your idea...
i believe in astrology and the zodiac , but i am not a fan of the ol' horoscope in the newspapers or magazines; it leaves too much space for interpretation . i think that we all are connected to the universe somehow. to back this up , i have to give an example and that would ultimately be my moon phases( don't know how to express it otherwise). when there is a full moon , i act differently then i would normally do. sometimes i'm overly happy or incredibly sad for no aparent reason. well actually there is more to this than that but just to give an example...;)

More
14 years 7 months ago #1559 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Astrology
I don't at all keep track of the Zodiac, tho I like astronomy a lot, was about to study it in high school (well, the swedish kind, more like collage i guess) and maybe actually will do in a years or so...

Astrology is interesting, and it could be true that universe has an affect on even simple humans, as we don't even know how it works, but I'm not a big fan of thinking that way. I rather explain supernovas :blush: (but they're so cool!)

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 7 months ago #1579 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Astrology
I believe in Astrology, although I don't follow it fanatically. There is much more to it than just your sun sign. The position of each planet at the time of your birth is taken into account when you have your chart done. There's a link at www.cainer.com/ where you can figure this out, based on the time and place of your birth (click Check Your Sign, on the left). An astrologer can explain the influences each planet/sign combination might have on your life, and make predictions based on them.

Your basic 20 word \"horoscope\" in the paper isn't really much use though. I'm a Capricorn, and so are my mom and one sister, yet we couldn't be more different from each other. Seems silly to think that the horoscope in the paper would apply to us all in the same way.

More
14 years 7 months ago #1582 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Astrology
I would also like to see Astrology jewelry... maybe a pendant for each sign? I love the way they're depicted on The Light of Chaldea!

More
14 years 7 months ago #1603 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Astrology
I too believe in astrology. I tend to live life with one foot in a fantasy world so I find it easy to get myself lost in something as beautiful as stars and planets as they perform their cosmic dance. Sometimes if the night is quite still and all is quiet you can almost feel some of the astral bodies call to you. In my case the moon seems to exert a great force upon me. But then many people think that moon phases affect moods. All the crazies come out under the light of the full moon . . .

Time to create page: 0.391 seconds