Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

666 The number of the beast

More
14 years 6 months ago #6183 by morphea3107
666 ....its been done to death , but some actually dont even know where it came from .....i find it a bit clicheic when seeing people with 666 on their t-shirt...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #6193 by vampirelycanthrope13
I think that what DisturbiaWolf13 said about the actual number being mistranslated to 666 is true, i think it may even have been mentioned on QI once.

More
14 years 6 months ago #6200 by Aftermidnight
Yeah I remember that. I think buses were mentioned in the discussion as well? Still, I can vouch for VampireLycanthrope, it was on QI.

More
14 years 6 months ago #6203 by Thurysaz
It is from Iron Maiden...

Very good album...

Mes hommages.

T. :unsure:

More
14 years 6 months ago #6241 by DisturbiaWolf13
Aftermidnight wrote:

StephenG wrote:

Revelations 13:18.

The Bible says:

\"This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.\"

And I don't like the Iron Maiden song... Never really taken to any of Maiden's stuff.

what i meant was that it was translated to english from its original language and when it was they mistook 616 for 666

More
14 years 6 months ago #6271 by anastasia13
Either way the \"beast\" will be the antichrist and in human form in the \"end times\" so really I am not so worried about the number as I am the end of the world.

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds