Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

what is goth?

More
14 years 5 months ago #9477 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:what is goth?
I'm a weekend goth - only dressed up when I'm not at work! :laugh: But really, there is so many different definitions of goth out there that we could almost either include or exclude everyone. There is no hard and fast rule, no need for labels. Just be you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9536 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:what is goth?
Due to a lack of money and sewing skills I'm a t-shirt and jean goth. But once I can find a job; no longer will I be a cheap member of society. I don't have to pay bills and I don't have a vehicle so I can spend most of my money on clothes! Muahaha

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10124 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:what is goth?
SkieShauphen wrote:

It's true, this is a very tame web site. I'm actually very surprised. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that there is only one forum. I've noticed that other sites with multiple forums will continuously have members squabbling at each other. To avoid each other they will move on to a specific forum. Seeing as AG only has one forum, it would be in everyone's best interest to play nice since we are all stuck together. Not to mention, mods are watching everywhere....

Give me time I at times do show my elitest side when either at the club or in society do enjoy people that do show an effort in most forms continuing the culture, but I do not agree how society has thrown too many supcultures into one and thinking that it is Goth. Damnit,....I have to read the book again...Remeber Brother Knumpcy to be polite...oh it is so hard....!

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
14 years 4 months ago #10125 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:what is goth?
justin360 wrote:

this was an article i found on www.goth.net this is not mine.

That site is crap...Here I go again damnit......
-

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goths
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goth_subculture

People really oh why bother I shall get frustrated and drink another bottle of wine...

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
14 years 4 months ago #10131 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:what is goth?
Brothr Knumpcy, I salute your avid inclination to enlighten those less informed about gothdom, but you're only going to get frustrated and those of closed minds will never experience enlightenment.
Better give it a rest and enjoy in the naiveness of the little darklings. ;)
I'm quite sure that those that have a real interest in becoming part of the subculture are also going to read the history behind it and other aspects at some time. Those that don't, aren't even worth your breath.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #10151 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:what is goth?
I would like to say the same. It would be nice to ignore them if they weren't EVERYWHERE. In our clubs, bleaching our music, ruining our movies, and showering the world with false propoganda about our culture. It's not right. Every little bit helps and I have no problems getting upset over ignorant little ants. I, myself, am not even as educated in the subculture as I want to be, but hours online and sifting throught books stores is helping, slowly but surely. The only thing I lack now is personal interaction with others who I can honestly say are true goths. I remember several years ago when I told myself that posuers and spooks and kreepy kids wouldn't get to me. Everyone else seemed to dispise them but I didn't. Now, the more I learn about gothdom the more I start to ditest them. It's obvious why. They claim constantly to be goth, simply because they believe it's 'cool' and they want to 'scare' people. Rubbish. All of it. By the way, krumpcy, I'm going to try and get to Wave Gotik Treffen if and when I can. Hopefully I'll see you and Pamela there. :laugh:

By the way, there is a song that pretty much explains everything.
Leave my Alone by the Cruxshadows. It basically says: Leave me alone, I'm a freak.
We want everyone to understand us but keep their distance.
With so many riff raff plaguing our culture that is deemed impossible to accomplish.

Meaning comes from within.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by SkieShauphen.

Time to create page: 0.289 seconds