Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

The Gothic Cruise

More
12 years 1 month ago #37768 by black_magnolia
I had to laugh when a friend linked me this: www.gothiccruise.com/

Damn, going on themed cruises or cruises in general is very popular nowadays... :woohoo:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #37771 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Oh good grief...sounds kinda like fun...but...oh good grief...

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
12 years 1 month ago #37780 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: The Gothic Cruise
Definitely flamboyant. :blink: If I were to go on a cruise, it would be the 70 000 tons of metal cruise. The goth cruise seems a bit ... I don't know, over the top. \"At the Worlds End in the Devils Triangle\". Not really somewhere I want to be. lol

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 1 month ago #37782 by black_magnolia
I don't think it's flamboyant at all. :silly: It's just plain old marketing. The cruise is essentially just your basic cruise to Bermuda (the inspiration behind that tagline is surely the Bermuda Triangle and Pirates of the Caribbean). :woohoo:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 1 month ago #37784 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: The Gothic Cruise
black_magnolia wrote:

I don't think it's flamboyant at all. :silly: It's just plain old marketing. The cruise is essentially just your basic cruise to Bermuda (the inspiration behind that tagline is surely the Bermuda Triangle and Pirates of the Caribbean). :woohoo:

I figured the ship would be decorated gothic style, as would the cabins, and that they'd have gothic themed food/drinks, etc. I saw a video on Youtube of the 2011 cruise and you're right, it looks totally ordinary. Didn't even see many passengers that looked goth. It's basically just the music that's supposedly goth so I think it's a bit of an exaggeration to call it \"The Original Gothic Cruise\". Should be \"The Original Gothic/Industrial Music Cruise\". :laugh:

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 1 month ago #37786 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: The Gothic Cruise
I love the sound of a masquerade ball..But I'd much rather go on a cruise to some other place.

I loved my cruise to Alaska..That'd be something I'd like to repeat. Wasn't gothic but the scenery was incredible..:P

Time to create page: 0.343 seconds