Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Goth Elite?

More
14 years 7 months ago #3746 by Polaristhe2
Goth Elite? was created by Polaristhe2
Ok, since I don't really consider myself to belong into the \"goth subculture\" and all that, I really don't know much about it. A friend of mine mentioned the term \"Goth Elite\". I was wondering is there such a thing and if it does what exactly does it stand for. I was told it accounted for a certain apparel style which mixes victorian dress code along with a lot of strain on the sexual perspective. I am quite probably misinformed, but I would really want to know more about it. If there is anything more to know about it, that is.

Choices we make and the choices that are, when Hell is so close and Heaven so far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3757 by anastasia13
Replied by anastasia13 on topic Re:Goth Elite?
I have heard of this as well, as far as I know. There's a goth crew that goes to the Lizard Lounge on sunday's. They have a sense of sexual decorum and dress, some is cyber-goth, victorian-goth, bondage-goth. Really different genres of one genre...that is how it is here in Texas. I would love to go to London and be around \"true goths\". I wear what I like and get labeled a goth here, so I wouldn't know how it is there where you are....sorry I am not that much of help...

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3773 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Goth Elite?
Surely \"goth elite\" would just refer to \"heavily-into-it\" goths who are definitely gothic and dress gothicly all the time. As oppose to people who dabble in it a bit.
As with you guys, I don't really know...

More
14 years 7 months ago #3785 by Polaristhe2
Replied by Polaristhe2 on topic Re:Goth Elite?
I must have gotten the wrong thing; but after some digging i found this www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=15873 <-- source; someone posted, among other things this next paragraph,

Elite Gothic Society - closed meeting and is ready to work with the best Goth gotess portals CIS. There are bars to raise the prestige of the Gothic culture and etiquette, and improve aesthetic values in general. Provides a forum for a closed elite, entrance is by invitation only. And also, a number of materials for a wide range of readers about the truth of life and personal development. Central representation of E. GO is a sacred and ancient island of Cyprus. The site is constantly plays gothic music in English, Russian, German, French, Spanish, Latin and Japanese.

Choices we make and the choices that are, when Hell is so close and Heaven so far.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3819 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Goth Elite?
Goths are THE elite!

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3827 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Goth Elite?
I've heard the term \"goth elite\" applied in two different fashions. The first is in the manner of referring to a person who appears to be a prime example of the \"gothic image.\" The other form is used rather derisively in reference to a person who thinks that they are god's gift to gothdom and tend to lord their superiority over others. But, that's just my experiences . . .

Time to create page: 0.343 seconds