Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Low cost chinese shop corsets vs regular cost

More
12 years 6 months ago #35752 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

firensia wrote:

Are steel boned corsets terribly uncomfortable? I've always been scared that they would feel like you're being suffocated.

I'd say they're more comfy than the more decorative, plastic boned ones. :blink: In fact, I'd say they're very comfy anytime, anyday!

I agree with Envy, I find them a lot more comfortable then plastic ones - they just fit better and therfore are easier to wear. The plasit ones aren't that strong to really hold the waist in properly, in my opinion.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #35754 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

firensia wrote:

Are steel boned corsets terribly uncomfortable? I've always been scared that they would feel like you're being suffocated.

I'd say they're more comfy than the more decorative, plastic boned ones. :blink: In fact, I'd say they're very comfy anytime, anyday!

I agree with Envy, I find them a lot more comfortable then plastic ones - they just fit better and therfore are easier to wear. The plasit ones aren't that strong to really hold the waist in properly, in my opinion.

Yup. Just decorative.

I'm always too scared to even remotely lean over in any way when I'm in a plastic boned corset - For fear of snapping the bones!

More
12 years 6 months ago #35758 by firensia
Envy wrote:

Yup. Just decorative.

I'm always too scared to even remotely lean over in any way when I'm in a plastic boned corset - For fear of snapping the bones!

Me too, especially one of those bought off of eBay. I wear them occasionally and always over another top. That way, if I ever have a wardrobe malfunction, I won't be too embarrassed. Also, plastic bends into weird shapes sometimes and makes it difficult to hook the corset up in front.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 6 months ago #35768 by Envy
firensia wrote:

Envy wrote:

Yup. Just decorative.

Me too, especially one of those bought off of eBay. I wear them occasionally and always over another top. That way, if I ever have a wardrobe malfunction, I won't be too embarrassed. Also, plastic bends into weird shapes sometimes and makes it difficult to hook the corset up in front.

Ahh..Speaking of wardrobe malfunctions..

:woohoo: I love my underbust steel-boned corsets just because I have some frilled shirts that are a tiny bit too small for me - But the frill part is still good. So the corset hides the tummy-half that doesn't really fit and I can still benefit from the pretty ruffles on the chest part. :P

Plastic does bend into funny shapes...Especially if you sit down. Annoying!

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds