Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

How's the Goth/Punk movement in your Town/City

More
13 years 6 months ago #25881 by Envy
Kuroboshi wrote:

I'll get comments randomly based upon what I am wearing, most often I'll be called \"Marilyn Manson\" whilst in my trenchcoat. Or people will assume I hate my parents or something so this is my way at getting back at them.

Heh..I find that stereotype strange. Funny how everyone automatically thinks \"Marilyn Manson\".

If anything, I get picked on more for my ethnicity than for my clothing..So..Yeah.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #25886 by Izcoatl
Envy wrote:

Izcoatl wrote:

snow.wulf wrote:

I don't really like separating people into \"scenes\" or groups, but I have been noticing a new trend here. What most people here call \"Wiggers\" or \"Gangstas\" (usually white people who think/act like they are black (no offense meant to anyone!) You know...pants down around their knees with their boxers showing, huge tacky-coloured hoodie..anyways, I have noticed that they have been becoming more dark and gothic. wearing chains, gothic-looking jewelry...I'm of mixed emotions on this :P

hahahaha a very bizarre idea come to my mind, if you can take a photo of one of those \"wiggers\" with Goth tendency and upload it here please
hahaha

Very very bizarre idea

That's similar to 'scene' here..'Scene' kids follow..Basically *all* of the trends that are going on, i.e. 'fitting into every crowd' they can.

I've heard of that term used before, but around here, what you would call a 'Wigger', we would probably call a 'Chav'. There are a few differences, but it's practically along the same lines.

Here the scene means all the Goth/Dark/Punk persons and places, this is bcz the Goth/Dark/Punk is so small that here is not a movement like in other countries here is more lika a scene

We call all the other genres that involve Black clothes as \"Posers\" meaning they try to imitate all the behaviour and the history that Goth/Dark/Punk lived in Mexico, just using the clothes and using make-up

I hate that :angry:

Fire doesn't clean, it Blackens

More
13 years 6 months ago #25887 by Izcoatl
Envy wrote:

Kuroboshi wrote:

I'll get comments randomly based upon what I am wearing, most often I'll be called \"Marilyn Manson\" whilst in my trenchcoat. Or people will assume I hate my parents or something so this is my way at getting back at them.

Heh..I find that stereotype strange. Funny how everyone automatically thinks \"Marilyn Manson\".

If anything, I get picked on more for my ethnicity than for my clothing..So..Yeah.

Thats cool here in Mexico we used to have some festivals to Death, in October its name is \"Day of the Death\" and just a few ones try to adapt our born culture to our living style

(yeah i know is kinda strange to see a brown guy using all the Goth/Dark/Punk stuff)

Not all the Goth/Dark/Punk are white, i think Goth/Dark/Punk is more like a philosophy

Fire doesn't clean, it Blackens

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #25906 by Kuroboshi
Envy wrote:

Kuroboshi wrote:

Probably because he's the only remotely gothic example they know of, and even at that, it's only because of the trenchcoat they make that association. (Last year at college when I first got it, the association with \"Underworld\" and \"The Matrix\" was made, with people within my class of course, save one certain person who went directly to vampire).

Izcoatl, it's not a scene, still a movement. You've got to think more worldwide rather than just the area you live. You're simply a small part of a bigger movement.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Kuroboshi.

More
13 years 5 months ago #25912 by black_magnolia
In Zagreb there is a healthy gothic scene. Naturally we also have the usual problems with people that are biased my different far-fetched idiotic assumptions, but which scene doesn't have those problems?
In my home town, there are maybe a hand full of goths so I wouldn't even say there is a scene...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 5 months ago #25931 by Morgana
I'm not sure if there's really a \"goth scene\" in my area or not (eastern Canada). There's a pretty lively thrash/death metal crowd though... lots of bands, and there are shows just about every weekend at one bar or another.

Time to create page: 0.295 seconds