Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Corsets, Corsetry and Tightlacing.

More
13 years 9 months ago #22889 by scootiebee
Oh, and she probably pays a fortune for hand-made clothes. Nothing off-the-rack will fit her! Wow. It is really an entire lifestyle choice. I can't imagine doing it. It seems like a giant slow-motion crush injury. I can't imagine it is comfortable to achieve, but after years, it probably feels natural to her. I can't imagine she can do anything terribly physical, with her lungs all smooshed up, and her digestion must be horrible, with her stomach all squeezed. I can only compare it to the pressure exerted on your organs by pregnancy, which is horrible. It is like being winded all the time, with every digestive complaint you can imagine, and having to pee every 30 minutes. I can't imagine doing that for a lifetime. 9 months was bad enough.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #22902 by Envy
scootiebee wrote:

Oh, and she probably pays a fortune for hand-made clothes. Nothing off-the-rack will fit her! Wow. It is really an entire lifestyle choice. I can't imagine doing it. It seems like a giant slow-motion crush injury. I can't imagine it is comfortable to achieve, but after years, it probably feels natural to her. I can't imagine she can do anything terribly physical, with her lungs all smooshed up, and her digestion must be horrible, with her stomach all squeezed. I can only compare it to the pressure exerted on your organs by pregnancy, which is horrible. It is like being winded all the time, with every digestive complaint you can imagine, and having to pee every 30 minutes. I can't imagine doing that for a lifetime. 9 months was bad enough.

:laugh: What a comparison!

Well, technically, couldn't she just get any piece of clothing that fits her frame and stick a corset over the top of it so it fits her waist? It wouldn't be a perfect fit, but still.

It does seem more like a self-created affliction the more I think about it.

More
13 years 9 months ago #22969 by Thurysaz
I love very much the corset for women. It Is so beautiful.

Mes hommages.

T.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23004 by Morgana
Thurysaz wrote:

I love very much the corset for women. It Is so beautiful.

Mes hommages.

T.

Even when it's taken to this extreme? I like the look of a corset as well, although I don't have any, but I think this is just too much.

Curious to see what the men here have to say on this subject... I think Thurysaz is the only one to comment so far.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #23009 by Kuroboshi
Nothing wrong with a corset when used properly. Personally, I don't find women any more appealing if they use one or not.

But when taken to extremes, it's extremely unappealing especially when they look like they'd break in half the moment you touched them.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Kuroboshi.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #23036 by Envy
Kuroboshi wrote:

But when taken to extremes, it's extremely unappealing especially when they look like they'd break in half the moment you touched them.

But on the lighter side, if you married a woman with a teeny waist, every other man would be thinking that and therefore no other man would lay a finger on your wife? :P

Similarly to Morgana, I, too, am interested in male opinions on this topic, especially as the whole waist-training process began because it was once thought to be fashionable and therefore aesthetically pleasing/desirable. Curious to see what opinions are now.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Envy.

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds