Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

mirrors

More
14 years 7 months ago #1940 by morphea3107
Replied by morphea3107 on topic Re:mirrors
indeed...spooky movie....it can make you think about it ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #1941 by Vivaris
Replied by Vivaris on topic Re:mirrors
I don't really believe in any mystical powers that mirrors are rumoured to have. The fascination with them in my opinion was because people didn't understand how their reflection was projected and thought it has magical powers. In all fairness it seems like the perfect object to attribute some strange magical power to and make the people in the old days believe it. In my opinion, like Aftermidnight said, it has more of a symbollic power than anything else in the world of the arcane.

The dream is alive...

More
14 years 7 months ago #1951 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:mirrors
As a symbol they're great... to base a story on it could get real scary, but maybe a bit cliché at this time (done a houndred times before, I'm sure)

I don't believe in any power behind the mirrors, tho they could be used for skrying and alike, I don't doubt. But in itself there's no real power, and it being a part of myths and sorts just has to do with it ability to reflect things. If it can reflect the present, what about the future, or the past...? How can that not be interesting to wonder about, at least if you don't know how they really work?

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 7 months ago #1959 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:mirrors
I've also heard that a mirror can be of use when meditating on a specific situation. There is a basis of belief that the mirror will help you to see all sides of a situation, it's reflection if you will . . .

More
14 years 7 months ago #1962 by RavenDarkmoon
Replied by RavenDarkmoon on topic Re:mirrors
I believe in the Chinese culture the use a Ba Gua Mirror
www.jadedragon.com/archives/fengshui/fengshu.html

The ba gua mirror commonly is used for the following purposes:
1. To create harmony and good fortune
2. To reflect and transform negative Qi

So I got a mirror facing my front door. Its might not be 8 sided but to me it still douse its thing :)

More
14 years 7 months ago #1968 by morphea3107
Replied by morphea3107 on topic Re:mirrors
my mirror , is like a family heirloom ...with a golden frame and bronzed flowers at the edges and the glass itself is the same at it was when my family got it a looong time ago ...

Time to create page: 0.269 seconds