Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

mirrors

More
14 years 7 months ago #1994 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:mirrors
As a focus it could be a good things - staring into the light may hurt you eyes :) And that's mostly what you need - something to focus on, something to clear you mind so you can concentrate (maybe subconsciously) on the thing at hand.
Mirrors are fascinating things, and when in the dark (and when the ghosts in my mind try to haunt me) I never look into a mirror. They seem to be something else, a different world then the room they reflect, as the walls around them are solid and real but the mirror aren't. Not to the still primal human mind - we have only existed for a few thousand years, more or less, so we're still part of nature even if we want to admitt it or not, in this modern society.
But in the end, I don't believe mirrors are anything special in itself. They could be used for many things, I don't doubt that, but I don't think they're anything magic.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #18604 by DrgN
Replied by DrgN on topic Re: mirrors
Nice nouveau mirror. Is it yours?

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #18615 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:mirrors
DrgN, try to use the quote option when you ask someone a question about something in their post or at least put the name of that user so it's obvious to whom it's addressed, as a regular forum user would have thought you are asking CorpseQueen about her mirror...
Anyway, morphea3107 hasn't been around the forum for a long time so she probably won't answer to your question, but I'll be psychic and tell you that it's just a mirror taken from a google image search.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #18620 by Verminaard Draconis
Replied by Verminaard Draconis on topic Re:mirrors
morphea3107 wrote:

i have always believed that mirrors hold a special ability to ease the path to your soul as well as to be used as portals . mirrors have deep roots embedded within ancient history as well as ancient occult writings. for example , do you remember the old art of scrying? when old witches used mirrors to see the future as well as present and past ? in my oppinion mirrors are more than surfaces that reflect your appearance....

That's why thei were using it in magic also!! Nostradamus used a bowl filled with water to see future, there was an ancient ritual that magician were using mirrors in ritual, but for making a such mirror its a discusting ritual! I don't whant to go futher to explain the ritual!

Your's truly!

From the death came the Living and after a perfection of that solution came the glory!!

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #18803 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:mirrors
I just buy a long black mirror:

www.blokker.be/folder/Code_Blokker_2010wk15_wls.html

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #18804 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:mirrors
It is on the last page of the folder...

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds