Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Names for hat designs

More
14 years 1 week ago #18910 by Verminaard Draconis
Replied by Verminaard Draconis on topic Re:Gothic Names
randomprincess wrote:

hey everyone, how are we all today - its really miserable here.

i am taking photos later on when the light gets a bit better but in the mean time - if you would like to check out some of my other items on etsy - feel welcome

www.etsy.com/shop/myhataddiction

Let me know when the weather will be ok to shoot!

Your's truly!

From the death came the Living and after a perfection of that solution came the glory!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #18955 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Gothic Names
millkins wrote:

Nice little collection there randomprincess.

I like names that have a certain feel about them, I dunno the word in english for it but the sound of just saying them is different, maybe because they have more vowels, names like Emily, Laura, Leonore, Anna, for the girls and for the guys I like names that sound threatening (now to me they do in a way but not for you I guess) like Victor, Peter, and my personal favorite a name that is literally Igneous (Ognjen for those who speak languages of sloven origin) which would mean the holder of flames...kind of ingenious name I think :D

EDIT: I thought this was for names of people till I posted and saw they are for hats, now I dunno about naming hats with people's names but still those are my fav's now I hope they help with the naming princess ;)

Thanks, since my name is Laura, I guess I have a nice-sounding name! :) I was told this also by a Russian woman once, that she loved saying my name! And my middle name is Anne, so I guess that is also vowelicious. Names of hats could include a person's name, with a descriptor, as well, a word that describes the hat's appearance?

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 1 week ago #18963 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Names for hat designs
Well actually while I was writing the names I thought about both languages and the way it sounded, man when I think of it my name sounds the same on both...is that even possible? If not I am in for another bunch of nick's :D

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 1 week ago - 14 years 1 week ago #18985 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Names for hat designs
Hehe I was going to say - Latin or Grecian names would be quite interesting - Especially as you get many interesting Greek Gods/Goddesses..All sorts of characters from stories..Icarus, Sisyphus, Circe..Lots of inspiration comes from Grecian tales.

Shakespearean names too..As someone suggested..Uhh..

I had another idea but it's just escaped me..I'll think about it. :laugh:

Besides - If you name your hats, won't your hat addiction get worse? I heard it's harder to part with things you've named. :P
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by Envy.

More
14 years 1 week ago #19014 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Names for hat designs
I was thinking along the lines with Envy, using Shakespearian names. I believe it is the planet Uranus that has a bunch of moons named after Shakespeare characters. Cordelia, Ophelia, Bianca, Desdemona, etc. Could be very cool, \"out of this world\" hat names!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 1 week ago #19021 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Names for hat designs
scootiebee wrote:

I was thinking along the lines with Envy, using Shakespearian names. I believe it is the planet Uranus that has a bunch of moons named after Shakespeare characters. Cordelia, Ophelia, Bianca, Desdemona, etc. Could be very cool, \"out of this world\" hat names!

You could draw inspiration from things like that too..Planets..Seasons..Shakespearean plays..:P

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds