Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Destiny

More
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #18230 by Daruma
Replied by Daruma on topic Re:Destiny
have no idea on that!

I live, that's all.
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by Daruma.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #18599 by DrgN
Replied by DrgN on topic Re:Destiny
To a certain extent I do. I believe there is a great \"flow\" that controls everything in the universe. But I still have free will for the more mundane parts of my life. Like which flavour soup will I order.

More
14 years 1 week ago #18621 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re:Destiny
That's a like how I see it as well...

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 11 months ago #20766 by Hagazussa
Replied by Hagazussa on topic Re:Destiny

Do you believe in fate?

Yes I do, but I think that our choices in life, our Spiritual natures and who we are write it for us.

How do you conceive this idea?

Think we are predisposed for certain tings. Our personality, the circumstances of our life, or Spiritual nature and our choices combine to create this disposition. Meaning that Alexander the Great for example had a predisposition for becoming a great leader, he had the right personality, the right Spiritual drive and the right circumstances. However if he had just sat down and done nothing, is fate would have been different.

To do this means you have no free will, and that, whatever you want to do nothing to change what is written?

No, you have predispositions, those can be ignored, changed and broken.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20856 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Destiny
I don't believe in fate or anything like it, but I don't either believe we can travel in time. Time isn't some great flow, it's just a word with which we can imagine we're controlling it.

I don't believe in a greater reason or power, and everything I do I do for me, not because it's descided. Wouldn't life be awfully boring then? I wanna be me, not some kind of dream made true, a stroy character living out the already written word.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
13 years 11 months ago #20860 by Vanthony
Replied by Vanthony on topic Re:Destiny
If destiny is true then does it mean our life is just manipulated by someone else who is special? :unsure: How about the incantations and voodoos? Does these things help ruin someone's destiny?

On your deathbed, you regret not what you did, but what you didn't do.

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds