Show Navigation Menu
All things Gothic.

Destiny

More
13 years 11 months ago #20907 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Destiny
I believe I once had a thread here about fate and destiny...

Regardless, I do believe in destiny, but not fate. You see, fate is an unchangeable future. (We are to die is our fate) but destiny is malleable. You can change your destiny. Fate is forever. I believe that we can change our predestined future, so therefore, it can be edited.

Meaning comes from within.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21380 by Malkie
Replied by Malkie on topic Re:Destiny
Hello world

I'm of a unique view in fate and destiny, i think we are lead towards things and given the choice to take the chance with it or no. Love life all those things someone who you could meet could change your life for the better or for the worse.

Its happened to me on to many occasions, I do venerate a few goddesses as i see them, fate death and love. My poetry is my way of thanking them for what i get.

I think the fates are kind some days and to bring be back to early harsh. Death waits for me always and love is both fate and death because each loves me and brings me joy as much as sorrow.

I'm strange i know.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21387 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re:Destiny
Malkie, I understand what your saying, you're not strange at all. But it's always good to be unique! :)

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
13 years 10 months ago #21423 by Malkie
Replied by Malkie on topic Re:Destiny
Hello world

I know saying that all the time will make people cry, but for now i don't mind..

Well i can't be anyone else because they are all taken, I do lead a curious existance. But right now i'm starting to find its alright.

Not perfect but all good :D

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #21936 by Nect
Replied by Nect on topic Re:Destiny
I believe in faith. But it's a complicated concept. Let's see if I can make myself clear lol ;)

For me it's like a String Theory. We all have our own \"string\", and with whatever we do we move and change it: make it thicker, thinner, stronger, weaker, etc.
What happens is that our \"string\" also gets connected with other peoples' \"strings\". And what they do do their \"strings\" can change our \"string\" too; this is, they can change ours directly, or change others' that may change ours - so we're all connected in come way.

We do have free will; we can do whatever we please. But the actions (even unconsciously) that we take influence our destiny. Confusing? Yeah. So our destiny is kinda \"flexible\", tough our stings are already woven from Conception to Death, and even beyond. Destiny is more than something of one lifetime, but of many. And all depending on our own Spiritual Nature and Essence.

Our Path is there, though we choose how to walk it.

"The truth is, laughter always sounds more perfect than weeping. Laughter flows in a violent riff and is effortlessly melodic. Weeping is often fought, choked, half strangled, or surrendered to with humiliation.” - Anne Rice
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Nect.

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds